Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a temporary opportunity to work as a Facilities Engineer at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Seattle, WA.
This is a 6-month temporary position at 40 hours per week.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit now” button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (URL blocked - click to apply) however your resume must be received via the “submit now” button included within.
The Facilities Associate Specialist supports the successful operation of facility, laboratory and business functions at multi-use sites through interaction with internal customers and external service providers. With direct supervision and limited autonomy, the incumbent in this role carries out routine tasks and functions impacting their functional area and may participate in collaborative departmental efforts through assigned tasks. Work is focused on the completion of daily tasks with limited visibility to long term project work. This individual uses basic analytical skills to recognize potential problems and may exercise some judgment to develop solutions to routine issues, but generally reports problems and solicits support from their immediate supervisor or team members. As a supporting team member, the incumbent interacts with their immediate supervisor and personnel within their own work group to achieve team goals while beginning to navigate and develop relationships outside the immediate organization.
Maintains all facility systems, equipment and assets in good working order to ensure optimal function and condition.
• Assists with the completion of scheduled preventive maintenance activities and unscheduled repairs / upgrades to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and plumbing systems and equipment in a timely manner.
• Assists with a variety of service, maintenance and repair work to support the successful operation and continual upkeep of the site, including painting, event set up, minor office reconfigurations, and equipment assembly / installations.
• Performs daily rounds of building and equipment per work instructions. Identifies health and safety hazards, maintenance and repair issues, and takes appropriate action to remedy findings including prompt notification to management.
• Ability to work “On Call”, overtime, off schedule and weekend hours to provide site operational support
• Provides interface and escort to outside contracted service providers.
• Coordinates Facilities services and administrative functions to ensure optimal function, aesthetics and condition.
• May support site computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) including workorder tracking, data input, PM scheduling, closure of workorders and report/metric generation.
• Maintains facilities files including drawings, permits, certificates and maintenance records to ensure compliance.
• Supports scheduling and coordination of PM work orders including administering and monitoring planned and unplanned work order activity as well as conference room setup, as required.
• Attends departmental meetings as site representative for Facilities/Operations.
• Performs business process and administrative tasks including scope of work, cost assessment, and documentation.
• Completes documentation associated with preventive, corrective and service work orders to ensure asset history and department metrics are maintained.
• Provides input with Facilities service contracts to help ensure proper agreements are established, concise scopes of work are developed, and detailed schedules with service / labor costs are submitted.
• Provides limited input with the development and revision of required preventive maintenance procedures, work instructions and guidance documents.
• Contributes to the identification, procurement and inventory control of spare parts, materials and supplies as required to ensure availability for maintained equipment.
Manages projects of limited scope and complexity within their functional area.
• Participates in collaborative departmental / discipline team efforts through assigned tasks.
• Assists with maintenance or repair issues, contributes to scope of work, material and equipment needed, seeks direction for next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups.
• Provides input and as directed, implements changes to critical / ancillary systems, processes, and maintenance schedules in order to improve reliability, and optimize labor utilization, cost savings and safety enhancements.
• Assists with the upkeep and improvement of facility interior architectural components and finishes; determines scope of work, material and equipment needed, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups.
• May serve as a Facilities site representative during interactions with cross functional groups, as required.
• Provides excellent customer service and support.
• Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to work orders and service requests.
• Provides support on facilities-related issues. Interfaces with customers to ensure all expectations are being met.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Facilities department and our site customers while promoting a positive team environment.
• Maintains compliance with corporate, safety, security and regulatory policies.
• Maintains all assigned Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required.
• Adheres to all safety procedures and hazard communication; updates and maintains applicable safety data sheets
• Maintains work areas in a clean, safe and organized state including all work rooms, storage areas, mechanical rooms and electrical areas.
Education & Experience:
• AA / AS degree or acceptable trade experience in conjunction with education & practical experience
• Minimum 2 years of Facilities / Operations experience supporting and troubleshooting HVAC, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water and compressed gas systems.
Required Competencies-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• General understanding of building systems including life-safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
• Basic knowledge of critical utility systems such as HVAC, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water, compressed gas and emergency power systems.
• Familiarity with the operation and troubleshooting of incubators, refrigerators, freezers, cold rooms, and various lab equipment.
• Awareness of facility management systems such as CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), BMS (Building Management Systems) and Security access control /camera systems.
• Familiarity with coordinating outside contractors in support of facility operations and maintenance, including system and equipment repair, upgrade, installation, start-up and commissioning.
• Moderate written and strong verbal communication skills. Relatively proficient at writing well-formulated emails and notifications. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors.
• Some experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and the aptitude to learn new software, such as enterprise business, building management, security, space planning and maintenance management systems.
• Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
• Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
• Basic knowledge of building codes, NEC, NFPA, OSHA and other basic safety training.
• Familiarity with FDA / cGXP environments and associated compliance regulations.
• General knowledge of enterprise business systems such as Oracle or SAP.
• Familiarity with Environmental, Health and Safety requirements in an administrative office environment.
• Technical Aptitude
• Problem Solving
• Team Player
• Customer Focus
• Action Oriented
• Active Listening
• Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 50lbs
• Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks i.e. frequent hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing & pulling
• Ability to climb ladders and work in elevated areas.
• Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
• Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet/slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
• Environment may include working at heights, in cold temperatures, and/or constricted spaces
• Ability to work safely when working alone or working with others.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)