The Service Technician position is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and restoring to operation the full range of the company’s industrial radio control products in both a shop work environment and as a traveling field service technician in the domestic and international environment. The Service Technician is skilled in the use of general and specialized electronic test equipment, soldering using both hydraulic and pneumatic controls systems.
The qualified candidate will possess strong troubleshooting ( to the component level) and problem solving skills, have experience with analog, digital, video, mechanical, microprocessor, microprocessor controlled radio communications systems, and have experience setting up and using DVM oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, service monitor, power measuring equipment, and computer based radio repair software.
The Service Technician position must be able to occasionally: lift and transport 75lbs., and be capable of working in uncontrolled thermal environments as may be encountered when performing installation and repair at customer outdoor sites.
- Evaluate, test and repair Hetronic product returned from the field, answer service request phone calls for assistance.
- Test and evaluate products to ensure proper operation to establish criteria.
- Troubleshoot electronic products to the component level, when applicable, to determine root cause and appropriate corrective action.
- Properly setup and operate general electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, signal generators, meters, power supplies, service monitors, test fixtures, field strength meters, RF power measuring equipment and software simulators for product testing and evaluation.
- Proficient operation of hand tools, small power tools, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers and understands their use and function.
- Performs required repairs and required modifications to restore unit to proper operation
- Inspects all work and participates in the visual inspection crosscheck process.
- Maintain the integrity of the RMA documentation process and fills out necessary reports.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect Service, Operations, or customers
- Provide support to the Operations organization and handle miscellaneous assignments as instructed.
- Proficient operation of PC based computer equipment in an office software environment.
- Maintain work related equipment and parts inventory.
- Possess strong problem solving skills applied to digital and analog electronics with the ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
- Professional, clear, verbal and written communications
- Associate Degree with a training emphasis in communication/computer electronics, or five or more years of technical on-the-job experience/military technical training, and a general RF background.
- Experience with electronic test equipment and test fixtures.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation such as electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics, mechanical drawings, bills-of-material, setup instructions, written work instructions.
- Unrestricted ability to travel domestically and internationally ( Passport)
- Experience with programmable industrial controllers is desirable.
- Experience in heavy industry or the oil and gas environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems is desirable.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: URL blocked - click to apply, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Email blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.