To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End (React)
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Seattle, WA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Make your mark in the broadcast and digital media landscape!
Sinclair Digital is transforming how local news and television is produced, distributed, and consumed. We are the digital innovation team for the largest and most diversified broadcasting company in the country, with affiliations to all major networks and more local television stations than anyone else. Sinclair Digital’s software engineers work together to solve complex problems around delivering news and entertainment to audiences across the country. Our digital portfolio combines websites, mobile apps, over-the-top (OTT) apps, and our content publishing platform into a seamless user experience. We take pride in our charter to transform Sinclair Broadcast Group from a broadcast-centric company into an every-platform enterprise while maintaining our entrepreneurial spirit.
The Audience Experience Team is looking for an experienced Senior Front-End Software Engineer with React to lead the implementation of new technical initiatives and delivery of cutting edge solutions. This role will drive development of rich and exciting digital media experiences, evaluate and champion new technologies, and push industry best practices in a high-visibility technical innovation group. The ideal candidate will be passionate about media and technology and have a strong record of building highly effective technical teams, with 7+ years of hands-on enterprise development experience and at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Develop amazing user experiences
- Iterate quickly and ship code frequently
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop, test, and deliver software
- Mentor software engineers to improve their technical capabilities
- Manage individual and team project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years experience in building web applications with React JS that have been successfully delivered to users
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Deep knowledge of web design patterns and standards, REST and HTTP interaction, and the software development life cycle
- Extensive experience deploying software to production
- A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Node.js experience
- Experience using and customizing Vagrant or Docker for local development
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks or developer tools to increase developer release velocity or improve code health
- Master’s degree or further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field
- Passion and ability to learn other coding languages or technologies as needed
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.