POSITION SUMMARY: The Van Assistant assists in the safe transport children to the Family School program by picking them up from their foster homes and dropping them off to Family School in the morning and then returning them their foster homes at the conclusion of the day's program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ride in the van alongside the Van Driver and assist in picking up and delivering children to the Family School program and delivering them home after the program day
- Ensure children are properly secured in their car seats or in their seat with a seatbelt by physically checking that the buckles are secure; address any behavioral or safety issues as they arise
- Conduct Elwyn's COVID 19 protocol with the foster/resource parent and or other adult in authority (temperature check, completion of the questionnaire) prior to placing the child in the van
- Complete paperwork as required
- Fill in for Teacher's Assistant if needed
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Child Welfare
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Program participants, foster parents, Elwyn staff
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to solve problems and make decisions with input from supervisor
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions
- Must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated basic experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Elwyn does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, pregnancy status, medical condition, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation or identity, age, national origin, citizenship, handicap status, marital or family status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, military or veteran status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
driver, school bus driver, school bus aide