Looking for experience engineers that have spent a large focus of their career on HBSS and other McAfee Products.
This position is located on Schriever Air Force Base, CO.
Salary of $105,000/year
The Host Based Security System (HBSS) Engineer supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated
Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract.
The candidate will:
- Be responsible for the design, architecture, development, integration, unit test, installation, configuration, integration,
deployment and maintenance to include: HBSS components, agent modules and approved policies.
- Perform troubleshooting of HBSS components and applications when ePO policies are preventing application
- Maintain the latest HBSS configuration to address known exploits using the Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS).
- Develop automated reporting dashboards within the existing ePO system to provide near real-time reporting of computer
system compliance information and maintain overall visibility for all connected assets.
- Modify the HBSS operational parameters (filters, signatures, rules, etc.) when requested Perform regular required
reporting, monitor applicable security resources for updated requirements and compliance directions
Basic Requirements: Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and
12 years of general experience; or an Associate’s degree and 10 years of general experience; or a Bachelor’s degree
and 8 years of general experience; or a Master’s degree and 6 years of general experience.
- Must have 6 years of directly related experience and 3 years in management or leadership roles.
- Requires hands-on experience with development, integration and deployment of ePO, HBSS, McAfee Agent, Policy
Auditor and ACCM/HIPS/RSD modules.
- Experience in security engineering with a working knowledge of Cybersecurity.
- Must have experience in security architecture design, Security Audit tools, security requirements generation, security
testing, and hardening workstations and servers.
- Excellent technical document preparation skills and verbal communications are required for presentation of technical
information assurance issues and reports to senior management, government and military officials.
- Experience resolving upgrading major versions of HBSS to include: compatibility issues, applying patches, installing hot
fixes and hardening Windows/Linux servers/workstations.
- Must have at least 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher.
- Candidate must be able to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Candidate must be willing to travel CONUS approx. 10% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships.
- Experience or familiarity with Ballistic Missile Defense.
- Prior DOD experience is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Installations (Computer Systems)