To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government and Expense Reporting Manager*
Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation • Madison, WI
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This positions is responsible for managing all internal and external financial reporting for WPS federal contracts. Work with Director to ensure accurate recording and reporting of government financial information to both internal and external stakeholders and serve as a government financial project lead or subject matter expert on assigned divisional and cross-divisional projects.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
Management of Federal Contract Accounting (60%)
- Manage preparation and communication of government financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop working relationships with cross-divisional team members to ensure accurate reporting of government financial results.
- Serve as expert on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Account Standards (CAS) specific to federal government standards, and manage government audits.
- Manage invoicing related to federal contract segments, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders. Apply understanding of FAR and CAS to ensure organization designs financial systems and processes to both maximize financial return to organization and comply with FAR and CAS.
- Be responsible for Ad Hoc analysis as required by federal contracts both internally and externally. Determine costs of various items.
- Manage staff responsible for accounting work related to federal contracts and ensure compliance with FAR and CAS and contractual obligations. Keep up-to-date on changing government reporting rules. Research complex government accounting issues and apply principles to new transactions.
- Serve as departmental subject matter expert for FAR and CAS.
- Manage completion for internal controls risk assessment and documentation for government financial reporting processes that may impact multiple complimentary controls or are integrated or interdependent on other processes.
Management of Cost Accounting (30%)
- \u0001 Manage and develop staff responsible for the following:
- Corporate cost pools and allocation development to corporate business lines, ensuring compliance with FAR, CAS, and GAAP and provide crucial financial information to key stakeholders.
- Quarterly and annual regulatory filings for government financial results and disclosures and corporate expense reporting.
- Enterprise project cost tracking, capital expenditure, fixed asset, leasing, and IT reporting and review financial reporting generated for cross-divisional stakeholders.
- Accounting work related to federal contracts and ensure appropriate reconciliation between general ledger and supporting documentation.
- \u0001Ensure monthly costs are accounted for in accordance with disclosed practices, as well as oversees, and manage procedures for all key responsibilities for government financial reporting and annually review procedures and updates accordingly.
Leadership/Project Management (10%)
- Be responsible for partnering and coordinating with other Finance department teams to ensure clear communication of monthly operating results for government operations.
- Provide job specific training and feedback to help build better team members and serve as a mentor to staff.
- Drive collaboration in cross-divisional project teams, establish scope, develop project plans, determine member accountabilities, and establish milestones and stoplight reporting to ensure project completion.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to U.S. Department of Defense restrictions.
- 5 or more years of Finance / Accounting experience to include government contracting
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Account Standards (CAS) specific to federal government standards
- Experience with Medicare Accounting and Cost Reimbursement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred and candidate must be CPA eligible