Job Title: Paramedic Basic
Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Continuously maintain all required certifications.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
* Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
* Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor and/or account manager any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
* Read road maps, drive vehicles, and accurately discern street signs and address numbers.
* Read medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner.
* Communicate verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview patient, family members, and bystanders.
* Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
* Converse with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Meets and communicates with existing customers/staff members (including skilled nursing, assisted living, and hospital facilities) on a regular basis to ensure that AMR is meeting their needs. Reports these interactions to the operations and/or account manager on a regular basis.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
* Current state Paramedic License.
* Possess a valid State Driver's License.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
* Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
* Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled
Basic Life Support
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 2019-5948
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
All About AMR, the nation’s leading medical transportation companyNot Ready To Apply?
AMR serves more communities and customers than any other private ambulance service provider in the nation. But more importantly, AMR’s employees serve their local communities on a personal basis, as part of the community where they live and work. As medical professionals and as neighbors, your needs are our concerns.
With more than 17,000 paramedics, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), nurses, doctors, and support staff, AMR brings the strength of a national company to personalized care.
AMR’s national headquarters, located near Denver, Colorado, supports more than 250 community-based AMR operations nationwide. From Miami to Seattle, Hartford to San Diego, and hundreds of communities in between, AMR is ready to care for people and communities in need.
Our focus is clear, as stated our company’s values: Patient Focused, Customer Centered, Caregiver Inspired. These three phrases are at the heart of every call, in every community, every day.
From emergency 9-1-1 calls to non-emergency transports to specialized medical teams that serve remote wilderness areas, and more, AMR has the strength to provide patients and customers the right service at the right time. Our national reach and experience allow us to deliver the right service to communities as well, whether AMR manages the entire emergency medical system or engages in a private-public partnership to best serve an area’s need.
Understanding your needs. Connecting with best solutions.
That’s our business.
That’s our personal promise.
View the full profile