* Acts as the primary contact for admitted students and family members for the First Year Abroad (FYA) program in Valencia, Spain.
* Acts as a liaison for FYA students with internal stakeholders and departments to support successful matriculation to the program in Valencia.
* Provide 1:1 advising and guidance for FYA students.
* Participates in all remote preparatory meetings and events for FYA students.
* Manage mass e-mail communications regarding the FYA program, as directed by the Global Initiatives staff.
* Support the development of regular FYA reports.
* Support the daily operations of Global Initiatives Office as needed.
* Answer inquiries about area programs and applications via phone, email, and in-person, using clear and professional language.
* Maintain a high level of communication with the Associate Director to obtain project specifications and expectations, and provide deliverable deadlines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have experience that shows they have strong interpersonal skills and are motivated, highly organized, attentive to detail, sensitive to confidential information, mature and responsible. Additionally, candidates will have familiarity with study abroad programs, international travel, visa processing and academic advising. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce, and a demonstrated background in Macintosh desktop and cloud-based publishing tools.
Bachelor's Degree required. Candidates should have demonstrated experience in customer service, ideally having worked in a customer service environment for at least 2-years.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Additionally, strong candidates will have study abroad experience or participated in the Berklee First Year Abroad program.
Language: English (required). Second languages, especially Spanish are preferred.
Years Of Experience: 2 + years of professional work experience
Level of Education: 4-year degree
Starting Date: ASAP
Job Duration: 12 weeks with potential to be extended
Per Diem Included: No
Salary Type: Hourly
Job Location Code: Berklee College of Music (BCMB)
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job Type: Temporary
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at Berklee:
We support an inclusive workplace where everyone excels based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance. Berklee affirms that inequality is detrimental to our faculty, staff, students, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to make lasting change through our actions. Berklee is committed to providing fair and equitable consideration of all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or status as a member of the armed forces or veteran of the armed forces, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
As part of this commitment, Berklee will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Team at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Temporary Global Initiatives Assistant
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of our institution, community, and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
* Currently enrolled Berklee students are not permitted to apply for staff or faculty positions.*
Temporary (Fixed Term)
- Attention To Detail
- Cloud Computing
- Customer Relationship Management