To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Las Vegas PB
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Safety and Security Manager
MV Transportation • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MV Transportation is seeking a Safety and Security Manager to implement the programs and procedures in compliance with DOE, State, and Federal regulations and corporate policies. The Safety and Security Manager will be responsible for their assigned division. He/she will be accountable for the leadership and review of the employee qualification process, resides as the expert in EPA and OSHA compliance and regulations, system security and emergency preparedness, ensures a consistent safety culture throughout the locations that incorporate operations, safety and maintenance departments and emphasizes the team approach and individual responsibility of all employees to achieve common goals.
Position is located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Relocation assistance is available.
- Resides as the expert in occupational health, safety and system security.
- Ensures a consistent safety culture throughout the location of all employees to achieve common goals.
- Oversees the successful completion of all related audits including those conducted by corporate and client staff and by provincial and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ensures that safety technology is used and those results are examined, trend data is analyzed and plans are developed to reduce and then prevent future safety incidents.
- Oversees corporate & local security and safety incentives and programs are managed effectively and consistently.
- Ensures all security, safety and training manuals, programs, policies and procedures are current and meet the needs of the operating division.
- Provides direct daily supervision of security, safety and training.
- Develops security, safety and training policies, procedures and manuals, as needed.
- Communicates clearly each staff member's roles and responsibilities and provides support to help staff accomplish assigned objectives.
- Conducts daily, weekly and monthly reviews of key security, safety and training metrics and recommends strategies and solutions for improvements.
- Determines whether to discipline and apply discipline for security and safety related issues, including suspensions and terminations, according to company policy and in compliance with collective agreement.
- Represents company in grievance procedure with security and safety related issues.
- Responsible for developing positive security and safety communication strategies.
- Addresses human resource issues promptly, accordingly and following the principles of progressive discipline where appropriate, emphasizing corrective actions to improve individual performance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be qualified as a Certified Safety Specialist (CSS) based on the U.S. department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) program.
- Certificates from TSI and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for no less than three (3) transit related courses.
- Completed Incident Command System (ICS) training in excess of 3 00/400 level, and OSHA30 -1910 General Industries training.
- Knowledge of occupational health, safety, system security, training and transportation.
- Five (5) years management experience in security, safety and/or training role.
- Previous training and supervisory experience required.
- Excellent security, safety and service record.
- Experience working with unionized workforce.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- No less than four (4) years of transit-related experience.
- Knowledge of training programs and operations.
- Knowledge of project specific vehicles, components and data/communications systems.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations and corporate safety programs and policies.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with all departments.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and provide appropriate supervision and follow up to department staff.
- Familiar with windows-based computer operating systems and Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to influence people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while exceeding established goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set clear expectations, coach, develop and motivate staff.
- Knowledge of best in class security, safety and training programs.
- Ability to work independently and objectively.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.