Customer Service Support Specialist
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Support Specialist. We have full time and part time openings. Must be able to work onsite. We are offering Direct Hire & Contract openings.
We are a $5 Billion, 32 branch mutual bank whose roots date back to 1835. We were founded for a specific purpose—to take care of residents of modest means whose needs were not being met by other financial institutions. Inherent in that mission was a commitment to serving the entire community with products and services that were fair and treating every member of the areas we served with respect. One hundred and eighty-five years later we haven’t wavered from those principles. That means providing the very latest in electronic banking technology and traditional branch convenience at prices that people can afford. It means a commitment to extraordinary service such as a locally based call center where people know you by name. And it means savings rates that are consistently higher than the average, week after week. It also means a powerful commitment to the business community, both locally and throughout the larger markets we serve. In fact, our com[any is right there standing behind some of the most successful businesses, from the Main Street shops that add character and diversity to the towns we serve, to sophisticated companies in manufacturing, health care, real estate and professional and general services throughout Massachusetts and the other New England states. Whether we’re lending money or providing bank products, our goal is the same, to help our business customers be successful, now and for the long-term. Most of all, Middlesex is about people. 600 talented individuals help our company to be a different kind of place, a place where there is a respect for work-life balance and where the extraordinary work that our people do in the community is celebrated and recognized. Our mission lives on.
- Effectively communicating and assisting both internal and external customers in a professional manner, identify their needs, providing information, and resolving complex issues via telephone and electronic means.
- Performs a variety of transactions for customers, including teller transactions, processing of checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties.
- Seeks opportunities to develop customer relationships and resolution to a variety of customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Utilizes effective listening skills to determine the customer's needs and assist in selecting the appropriate products and services to offer; utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer hidden needs to match to the bank’s products and services. Identifies and assists with the migration of customer transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Builds a positive rapport with a diversity of personality types, maintaining a professional attitude and a positive manner.
- Maintains effective knowledge of Bank's products and services.
- Effectively use available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of complex information.
- Assist customers with basic computer/mobile device support.
- Actively works with supervisor to meet/exceed all individual/team performance goals.
- Protects customer information by following department security guidelines and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures.
- Requires 2-3 Saturdays a month
Must have the following traits:
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to deal with difficult customers.
- Must be flexible , adaptable, Organized and can multitask and navigate through several systems.
- On average 20-40 calls a day.
- One of One training for 6-8 Weeks.
- Multi-Tasking is key for this role.
- High school diploma required; some college highly preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in customer service preferably in banking, financial services and/or inbound call center experience.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology, fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and multiple window navigation required. Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
- Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency, excellent communication, customer service, telephone etiquette and grammar.
- Must be able to respond to high volume telephone inquiries, work extended hours, weekends, and some holidays. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Will need to pass a criminal and credit investigation.
- Will also fill out a customer service assessment prior to interviewing.
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Support Specialist