We are looking to hire a Plant Operator for our Daniels’ medical waste treatment facility in Walton, KY. A Plant Operator has a widely varying role, from checking in containers, double checking paperwork, moving/unloading specific waste containers, and operating a forklift to load an autoclave. The ideal Plant Operator is an individual who likes variety in their work and can think through practical problems.
$500 Sign on Bonus for New Hires!What will your job involve?
What are we looking for?
- Weigh incoming sharps and regulated medical waste containers (using our Weighbridge)
- Load/operate our autoclave machine (a pressure chamber to melt materials)
- Load the Washsmart system (container washing + sanitization system)
- Drive a forklift and operate hand trucks once trained
- Lifting 55lbs and push a four-wheeled cart that weighs as much as 200lbs
- Provide attention to detail, especially with the paperwork required to process these items
- Standing for extended periods of time happily and comfortably
- Working well with a team because we are all about team work!
Why work for Daniels Health?
- Someone with a can-do attitude who is committed to efficient, timely scheduling with previous experience in a labor-intensive job. A person with proven longevity with their employers that we can rely on.
Job stability – as an essential service to healthcare we are non-seasonal and recession proof.
Opportunities for overtime – we always need extra hands on deck so overtime opportunities are plentiful
Consistent work hours – Monday– Friday position 5:00AM – 3:30 PM.
Benefits – Full time roles are provided benefits, sick leave and vacation leave from day one
Permanent position – This is a Full-time permanent role of 40-50 hours per week
Competitive salary – This position is offering a rate of $16 per hour.
Safe work environment – We supply above and beyond the standard PPE protocols for safe handling of medical waste – find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
Who are we?
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems and medical waste collection for hospitals, medical centers, surgical centers, nursing homes and an array of customers within the healthcare setting. Our focus is delivering quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that reduce needlestick injuries, positively impact infection control and reduce environmental burden. As a service to our customers we dispose and treat medical waste on site at our treatment facilities across the U.S.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health & Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.