To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Labor Relations Representative
AK Steel • Middletown, OH
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel is seeking a Labor Relations Representative to join our Middletown team. The Labor Relations Representative will be responsible for coordinating employee relations activities and facilitating the resolution of employment and union concerns. The ideal candidate will have solid experience with labor relations policies and practices in a manufacturing environment and thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Responsible for labor agreement administration, reviews disciplinary cases and make recommendations.
- Prepares for and participates in contract negotiations.
- Administers and interprets the collective bargaining agreement.
- Investigates and settles grievances under established grievance procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of briefs for arbitration cases; may conduct presentations at hearings.
- Investigates complaints from federal, state and local agencies.
- Conducts instructional sessions for supervisory personnel regarding contract interpretation and compliance with company policies.
- Performs audits or compiles periodic and special reports on labor matters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A preferred degree would be in Labor Relations, Human Resource Management, or Business Administration.
- Experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.