The primary purpose of the Ace Rewards Loyalty Business Manger position is to lead one of the key consumer segments within the Ace Rewards Loyalty Program; New Members, Premiere, or Core target (active members spending under Premier spend threshold). This role will have a primary focus of managing a mini-P&L based on the segment. The role will lead the business plan development for the segment, transactions and profitable sales achieved through a comprehensive; strategic plan, program operation plan and detailing future enhancements to the program and a best-in-class customer journey across physical and digital touch points. Through this work, this person will help grow our membership base, improve customer engagement and retention, and encourage movement to Premier level. The newly created Business Manager role will provide exposure across the company, including business reviews to executive team, close partnerships with merchandising, technology, stores, call center and marketing team. This individual will also take on special high-level projects as deemed necessary by the Director of Ace Rewards & Marketing Analysis.
What you’ll do
- Develop Ace Hardware’s Ace Rewards Loyalty strategies for assigned segment (New Members, Premiere, or Core), integrating those strategies into the broader Loyalty program strategy, one-to-one contact strategy (direct mail, email, mobile), analytics databases (nonmember database, point-of-sale) and marketing activation's (messaging, promotions, etc.)
- Develop and guide the creative strategy including design, print, distribution and retailer communication. Collaborate with creative and digital marketing teams to develop program collateral, marketing promotions and execution plans. Own relationships with appropriate vendors that support programs, e.g. RRD, Aidgency, YesMail. Ensure the creative direction is consistent with our department and company’s brand positioning, and that each vehicle is fully integrated in the comprehensive promotional plan.
- Develop and drive learning plans that will be used to refine strategies that drive organizational goals. Maintain a strong pulse on customer behavior, trends and cultural shifts. Partner with marketing team to share program learning and collaborate cross-functionally with Branding, Preprint, Signage, and all stakeholders to incorporate learning into marketing activities, including creative, program collateral and go-to marketing activities.
- Develop strategic opportunities to increase our customer base and communication assets to drive personalization a and competitive advantage for Ace. Identify and integrate new tools and technologies that enable growth with customer base.
- Establish the technical strategy and initiatives needed for Ace Rewards program. Define opportunities to eliminate technical obstacles to grow program participation and success. Grow the operational execution of the program, and ensure all promotional strategies are completely integrated through the appropriate technology solutions.
- Partner with the CRM Analytics team to develop fact-based strategies. Measure and report on loyalty program performance, including bench marking of competitors and best in class programs.
- Continue to understand our competition and other loyalty programs, as well as new vehicles to talk to our customers. Based on program strategy, understand which new options are optimal for testing with Ace.
- Maintain/update detailed campaign performance reports. Set KPI benchmarks and analyze performance, creating recommendations to optimize performance. Effectively communicate strategies, program details, upcoming changes, and findings across Ace Corporate and retail stores.
- Manage all processes and vendor relationships that are required to meet the expectations of the role.
What you need to succeed
- 5-7 years of progressive Marketing / Advertising Experience - creative/design/branding experience a plus
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience in a retail setting or related industry; email marketing experience a must, with a solid understanding of performance marketing channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Advertising
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing multifaceted customer journeys;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build effective partner relationships
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally among multiple departments to ensure integration of one-to-one initiatives
- Experience in budget development and management
- Vendor/contract negotiations experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Previous loyalty program experience a plus
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.