To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Augusta, GA
- Shamanth Shekar
- Phone: 704-228-0078 EXT : 55536
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Material Handler (First and Second Shift)
Aerotek • Augusta, GA
Posted 1 month ago
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Material Handler is responsible for handling, moving, loading, and unloading materials by hand or by using a variety of material handling equipment. Candidates typically spend most of their day picking/packing/kitting and may spend some time on a forklift. They should not expect to be on a forklift all day. The company recently started using a Warehouse Management System based in SAP which they will be trained using. All inventory is tracked in SAP using RF scan guns on site.
- Unload and load common carrier and vendor vehicles as required.
- Verify part number and piece count of material being loaded and unloaded.
- Deliver material to using department and warehousing as required.
- Restock parts in a safe manner as required.
- Responsible for the proper handling and condition of product being moved to insure product is moved in a safe manner and delivered without damage.
- Responsibilities include the safety of fellow employees who may be in the path or area, during and at the time of delivery.
- Maintain equipment on a daily basis in good operating condition (daily operator maintenance).
- Assists in training newly assigned personnel in Equipment Operator Training.
- Performs 5S duties as required.
- Assists supervision in maintaining proper inventory control using E-Z-GO cycle count process.
- Performs material handling duties as required.
- Expedites materials from other departments to user department.
- Performs all other assigned duties as instructed by supervision.
- Locates and delivers material according to the Standard Operating Procedure following the material handling plan.
- Responsible for moving materials from Warehouse/Dock/Trailers to designated locations as required.
$10 for candidates without a forklift certification
$11.50 for candidates with a forklift certification
First Shift :Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM // 9:00 to 5:00 PM
Second Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 5:30pm - 2:00am
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.