When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
Mortgage Banking Specialist serves as first line of response for all incoming residential mortgage calls through the Customer Service Center and specific designated branches.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Accurately and expediently answer inquiries from customers on all types of new and existing products and services by drawing on a detailed knowledge base of bank products, services, policies and procedures.
- Provide quick financial analysis in order to direct borrowers toward appropriate product.
- Gather borrowers information needed to forward quality residential mortgage referrals; conducting telephone interviews professionally ensuring accuracy of all information.
- Use assigned databases and or applications run daily reports and manage pending referral calls.
- Call back all pending mortgage referral business in a timely manner according to set timelines.
- Upon request, make outgoing sales calls to existing and or new customer prospects to increase mortgage referral business.
- Provides information on establishing new products or services with the emphasis on residential mortgage products, which requires a thorough understanding of what the Bank offers and how it may differ from our competitors.
- Cross-sells these bank products and services to inbound customers by educating them about possible new ways of benefiting from the Bank’s products and services.
- Provide high level feedback to management on any ongoing mortgage products and services issues.
- Provide ideas on how to improve and enhance the current product offerings.
- Handles basic customer complaints and problems without assistance by making independent decisions, which utilize customer satisfaction standards while adhering to requirements that minimize risk to the Bank.
- Provide information on ongoing mortgage applications to internal customers, providing insight as to the status of the loan whenever possible.
Associate’s Degree or related knowledge/skills base gained through experience preferred
1 – 3 years of banking experience in a call center environment
Strong sales and customer service skills and experience.
Strong knowledge of mortgage sales regulatory environment.
Ensures effective communication with the customer by utilizing superior verbal skills.
Projects a customer friendly image over the telephone. Must be self motivated.
Thorough knowledge of Metavante, Access, EXCEL, Word and ECM a definite plus.