Western Funding is a fast growing, specialized consumer finance company and subsidiary of Westlake Financial Services, providing automobile financing to borrowers with limited access to traditional credit. Western Funding enables the origination, accepts assignment of and services installment loan contracts originated by its national network of automobile dealers. Dealers own their portfolios and share in the collections on the associated installment loan contracts.
As an Area Sales Manager, you are the face of the Company with our number one customer – our dealers. Your focus is to grow the number of funded deals by partnering with dealers who will be a good fit. Your knowledge of your market area and ability to leverage the dealer relationships you have will be essential to enabling growth. Western Funding’s program requires a consultative sales and management approach. Identifying, onboarding, and managing select dealers who understand how the program can help their business grow is the key to your success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute Western Funding’s Six Step Sales Process
- Planning & Preparation – who are you talking to and why?
- Prospecting – identifying your targets
- Discovery & Qualification – understanding why our program could be a good fit
- Dealer Application – getting your prospective dealer approved
- Enrollment & Onboarding – getting dealer launched and setting expectations
- Partner Relationship Building – helping dealer maximize the program
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Strong knowledge of cold calling, appointment setting, and sales techniques
- Clear and effective presentation skills (from initial creation to delivery)
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
- Strong computer skills and adaptability to new technology
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in Automotive, Finance and Sales
- Previous experience interacting with retail car/truck dealerships
- 2-3 year’s previous experience in a sales role with a proven track record of success
- Dealer Participation/Reserve experience PREFERRED
- College Degree PREFERRED
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE:
- Web navigation and/or applications.
- Personal computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Copier, Faxing & other general office supplies.
**** We provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all Team Members (employees) and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our Team Members (employees) to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws; including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.****
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training