Kelly Services has a Direct Hire opportunity for an experienced finance professional with manufacturing cost accounting experience.
This role will function approximately 50% to 60% in standard cost accounting operations where the remainder of the position is ad hoc/project driven. Strong collaborative skills are required, as this position will be working across the organization in costing and analysis for projects related to new product development; working with department leaders in contract manufacturing opportunities, marketing and sales, as well as operations cycle planning.
Creation of standard costs, including material, labor, and overhead:
* Calculation of costs per product for setting of standard, including analysis of risks around cost assumptions
* Collection of actual costs data for monitoring of actual performance against standards
* Reporting of variances including causes on major variances against standards
* Preparing estimate of new and proposed product costs
* Labor and overhead recovery analysis
* Standard vs. actual costs
* Margin analysis
* Specifying and comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability of products
Month and year end processes:
* Analyze audit of costs and stock levels, and preparing reports
* Conduct and analyze all month end activity related to gross margin to close the general ledger in three business days
* Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
* Assist the manufacturing group in system requirements/changes, while not stopping production while recording data
Ideally candidates will be able to work seamlessly from cost accounting/managerial accounting to the production of business case analysis while professionally delivering the results to the regional executive team for decision making. SAP and Excel proficiency is a must, Tableau or similar experience with a BI query reporting tool highly desired.
* Minimum of five years' experience in accounting, with prior cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related major
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year. Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices. Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.