At MannKind our employees are our number one asset, and we continue becoming a tight-knit community where each of us plays a critical role in our collective success. We are driven to find new ways to change lives for the better and to keep working toward a world without limit for all. We are driven to change the way we experience life, because we believe everyone deserves to experience the very best of being humann.SM
At MannKind, our Values serve as the foundation of our culture. They define who we are, how we act, and guide our interactions every day-both with each other and the customers we serve. Committed to diversity, at MannKind we depend on a rich blend of ideas, backgrounds, and working styles in our quest to change the world for the better. MannKind is proud to be a different kind of biopharma company, it is one that treat people like people, not patients.
The Territory Business Manager (TBM) is responsible for the achievement of commercial objectives in the assigned territory in alignment with Mannkind's corporate goals. Reporting to the District Business Manager (DBM), the TBM will participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical territory and account level business plans, cross collaborate, and bring customer focused solutions to meet and exceed sales goals and business objectives. The individual will effectively build or utilize resources to educate customers, build meaningful relationships, and drive performance.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Specialty Sales Territory Business Manager (TBM) in Greenville, SC. Reporting directly to the District Business Manager, this individual will maximize the sale of MannKind products within the geographic territory, and drive sales growth in line with our marketing/brand strategy. MannKind promotes the success of its TBMs by promoting entrepreneurial spirit and territory "ownership" across the sales team.
* Deliver on corporate objectives specific to territory.
* With DBM and internal business partner input, develop, evolve, and execute territory and account level business plans.
* Build and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of territory market factors and landscape
* Engage DBMs with timely recommendations to eliminate or minimize barriers to progress specific to marketplace trends, business opportunities and threats, competitive information, etc.
* Leverage internal expertise to maximize field impact.
* Work with DBMs, Channel/Trade & Market Access Teams, and other TBM's, to develop territory-specific strategies to ensure patient access to Mannkind products.
* Manage territory budget and resource allocations to maximize return on investment.
* Create a face to the internal and external customer that demonstrates Mannkind's commitment to bringing value and solutions to the customers and patients we serve.
* Collaborate with peers, marketing, and training personnel to build and deliver appropriate solutions and implement territory initiatives/strategies.
* Create, build, and maintain relationships and regular communications and sales efforts with physicians & other health care providers, and all others pertinent to Mannkind's business.
* Appropriately adapt messaging in complex selling environment to gain credibility and win over customers
* Professionally and ethically represent Mannkind to external customers (including but not limited to hospitals, IDNs, individual physicians and health care providers, and local diabetes chapters) and foster their respect by demonstrating our commitment to advancing patient care and outcomes.
* Professionally and ethically represent Mannkind internally and foster professionalism within, among, and beyond the region.
* Take responsibility for ongoing professional development to maximize effectiveness in advancing Mannkind's objectives.
* Pursue learning opportunities and look for ways to build, challenge and add value to sales planning and execution
* Refine ability to navigate complex and multi-layered accounts
* Understand and manage own interpersonal strengths and development opportunities and recognize how others respond to their behaviors
* Refine ability to effectively communicate and engage with customers while leveraging Mannkind internal resources.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and 3 years of sales experience
Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of sales experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience selling in a complex and competitive environment
* Prior diabetes sales and/or pharmaceutical sales required
* Knowledge of medical, healthcare, or pharmaceutical industry
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Must live within territory boundaries
* Must be able to understand regulations related to the healthcare industry
* Skills in clinical selling
* The ideal candidate will have a track record of documented sales in a highly competitive field
* Self-motivated and be able to take initiative
* Excellent planning skills with the ability to map out the actions to be taken for the business to arrive at its goals and implement those plans
* Demonstrated judgment and decision making with the ability to analyze all alternatives and decide on a course of action
* Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong time management skills
* Strong understanding of the sales cycle with the ability to deliver a clear and concise selling message in a professional manner
* Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize activities and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Business Planning
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Defensive Driving