Electrician - Final Assembly
Reports to: Manager/Supervisor, Manufacturing Operations
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Okarche, OK
Business Unit: NAS Manufacturing Operations
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
The Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling cooling and heating coils according to specifications. Under the direction of the Manager and/or Supervisor of Manufacturing Operations, assembles mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or electrical/electronic systems to make subassemblies, assemblies or complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment. Fits, aligns, calibrates and adjusts parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements; repairing units or products that have failed to meet requirements. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, heights, and risk of electrical shock which require the use of protective gear to ensure safety.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a Teamwork culture.
- Ability to support change as a catalyst for improvement.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
Why is this a great opportunity?
Our success depends on YOU! As a member of the Nortek Air Solutions team:
- You are the lever to drive profitable growth and meaningful change.
- You are closest to customers/markets and understand our business.
- We move quickly. You can make the right decisions daily.
- You are where success begins and ends.
- Each of you can help make us better every day.
- Reads and follows blueprints, shop orders, routers, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts and equipment in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Performs any assembly-type functions, using hand or power tools.
- Sets up and operates various powered and non-powered hand tools including but not limited to wrenches, sockets, screw guns, pop-riveters, routers, jig-saws, reciprocating saw, nail guns and staple guns.
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships within the company.
- Commits to performing job duties in a manner that ensures a safe work environment.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to wear protective gear and equipment.
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred. Completion of some secondary/trade school technical and/or general business course is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of similar work experience in assembly or construction experience (W1), or equivalent combination of technical school, on-the-job training and work experience.
- Ability to be trained and certified to operate overhead crane and fork trucks while moving and assembling product.
- Able to operate and use hand and power tools (pipe cutter, ratcheting, standard wrenches)
- Must be able to apply significant torque with hand tools throughout the entire work day (wrenches, ratcheting tools, channel locks, etc.)
- Able to read a tape measure.
- Able to lift and/or move heavy objects/components, frequently up to 25lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity with ability to make coordinated hand and finger movements to grasp, manipulate and assemble objects, and handle tools.
- Ability to work in repetitive motions and pressure involving fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Able to stand for prolonged periods on a concrete floor.
- Able to walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Able to climb ladders and work in high areas.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate (speak, read, write) in English.
- Good math skills are preferred to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Able to work independently and with others.
- Wear safety gear at all times
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.