Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group that delivers physician and advanced practice provider services, primarily in the areas of emergency and hospitalist medicine, anesthesiology, radiology/teleradiology, and neonatology to more than 1,800 clinical departments in healthcare facilities in 45 states and the District of Columbia. We are seeing significant change in healthcare: shifting care models, evolving access points of care, emerging technologies, and lasting impacts as a result of COVID-19. We have a profound opportunity to transform healthcare by leading the change through our strong national footprint and the differentiated, high-quality care we provide. Together, we can improve outcomes and make healthcare more affordable for millions of people.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Director, Enterprise Architecture on our team based in Greenwood Village, CO.
The chief enterprise architect helps guide the enterprise through establishes architectural direction and defines technology enablers that drive delivery of product and business solutions, focused on driving overall design for reuse, patterns of practice, and scalable solutions. . The scope of activities includes helping the organization grow revenue, optimizing costs and mitigating risks. Focuses on understanding and applying existing, new, and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models. Helps business leaders through the decision-making process and provides signature-ready, actionable recommendations on initiatives and policies to help Envision drive targeted business outcomes. Responsible for helping business leaders enable their future-state business capabilities to deliver targeted business outcomes. The chief enterprise architect also helps business leaders understand how to operationalize existing, new, and emerging technologies. Builds and motivates the enterprise architecture team through coaching, mentoring and empowering domain architects.
The chief enterprise architect leads and manages Envisions enterprise architecture including organizational design, management and day-to-day running of the team while delivering a portfolio of services to business leaders and enterprise stakeholders. Defines the enterprise architecture process, architecture review and governance, and leads the integration of those processes with related business and IT functions and processes. Additionally, the chief enterprise architect leads and coordinates all aspects of enterprise architecture including busines, information, solutions, technical and security architectures.Responsibilities
- Leads the development of a value proposition and execution of a communication and education plan for the enterprise architecture practice
- Leads collaboration sessions with product and technology leaders to drive architectural direction that supports product capabilities and roadmaps
- Collaborate with domain architects on identifying and prioritizing technical enablers to support product features, and low-level roadmap.
- Leads the company through Technology Modernization by defining technology solutions tied to business goals
- Leads the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business strategy and requirements
- Understands disruptive forces in healthcare and technology as it relates to Envision’s economic and financial levers to effectively guide technology investment decisions
- Facilitates business and IT alignment through a collaborative, supportive and consultative manner, helping to drive Envision’s digital business strategies and balancing innovation and growth
- Leads the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the Envision’s business strategy, direction, and architecture
- Provides perspective on the readiness of the organization to change and innovate
- Assesses disruptive forces impacting the organization and identifies technology-enabled innovation opportunities that enables business strategy
- Recruits and develops the skills and competencies of domain architects as well as building the business and behavioral competencies needed to support enterprise architecture activities
- Works with business leaders to identify key drivers and targeted business outcomes to derive useful business outcomes
- Develops diagnostic and actionable deliverables that help business guide investment decisions in support of executing business strategy
- Leads analysis of the business’ future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement to drive the business forward
- Identifies organizational requirements for the resources, structures, and cultural changes necessary to support the enterprise architecture
- Identifies critical skills, competencies and career paths for domain architects and identifies training to help them develop and progress in their careers.
- Ensures the role of enterprise architecture in the project and product governance setting is one of guidance, advice, and oversight.
- Helps the enterprise find the right balance between enterprise risk and agility. Steps up and communicates key enterprise architecture positions to business and IT leaders to get buy-in and mandate
- Identifies organizational requirements for the resources, structures, and cultural changes necessary to support agility and adaptability
- Presents gap analyses and IT investment roadmaps that contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms
- Leads analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Leads the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and the varying IT strategies for project-driven or product-driven delivery teams
- Collaborates with agile teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to leverage shared technologies, tools and processes that impact speed to value and time to market
- Collaborates with infrastructure and project teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting, and risk management
- Understanding of the different types of agile principles, methodologies, and frameworks, especially those designed to be scaled at the enterprise level
- Understanding of existing, new, and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Experience with data warehousing architecture and implementation, including hands on experience with source to target mappings
- Balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions and organization goals.
- Translate business needs into enterprise architecture requirements
- Estimate the financial impact of enterprise architecture alternative.
- Apply to identity multiple solutions to business problems and propose preferred solution with associated tradeoffs
- Rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ready to think, behave and act in an innovative consulting manner to drive Envision’s digital business strategies.
- Understand and speak the language of the business
- Trusted and respected as a thought leader who can influence and persuade business and IT leaders
- Highly collaborative and supportive of business and of its ideals and strategies
- Highly innovative with aptitude for foresight, systems thinking and design thinking
- Practical in approach to problem solving and decision making
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study
- Ten or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment.
- Eight years of collective experience in the application of architecture, enterprise roadmaps, analytics, cloud, IT strategies, innovation, SAFE, TOGAF and data integration concepts and methodologies
- 3 or more years managing an enterprise architecture practice
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
What’s in it for you? Way more than just a paycheck. Our culture is centered around people – both the patients we treat and the clinicians we support. We also offer:
A comprehensive, flexible benefits package including "basics" like medical, vision, and dental coverage on day one as well as a 401(k) savings program with company match, discounts and resources to meet your and your family’s needs both now and in the future.
Leadership development programs to help you grow your skills and career.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Data Integration
- Application Development