To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rossville, TN 38066
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk
TBC Corporation • Rossville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Shipping and Receiving Clerk Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
For 60 years, TBC Corporation (TBC), one of North America’s largest marketers of automotive replacement tires, has been a tire company ahead of the curve. Through worldwide operations spanning wholesale, retail, and franchise, TBC also provides automotive maintenance and repair services with best-in-class brands. TBC meets the needs of consumers in search of total car care at more than 3,200 franchised and company-operated tire and automotive service centers under the brands NTW℠, NTB®, Tire Kingdom®, Merchant's Tire®, Big O Tires® and Midas®. TBC serves wholesale customers in the United States, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and the Middle East through NTW℠, TBC Brands, TBC Dealer Group, TBC International and TBC de Mexico.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Checks, balances and prepares control documents. Enters all billing information on warehouse shipments. Enters receiving information on warehouse receipts
- Inspects receiving reports for miscellaneous warehouse and office receipts. Matches invoices and packing lists with purchase orders and checks correct merchandise received
- Processes shipping documents, answers telephone inquiries and seals trailers
- Prepares freight costs on daily UPS shipments; gives miscellaneous shipments to Supervisor for pulling
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Routes items to departments
- Other duties as requested or needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be familiar with bills of lading and be familiar with various other forms that are used and required by the major freight carriers
- Must be able to use carriers’ websites to calculate the cost of shipping
- Experience with UPS/FEDEX online software is desirable
- High School diploma preferred, with one year of related positions
- Customer service orientation and a high level of professional integrity
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Required to read and write English, follow verbal instructions
- Simple math abilities
- Criminal Background Check and Pre-employment Drug Screen
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Company paid short term disability and company subsidized long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) with company match and immediate 100% vesting
- Generous paid vacation and paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Purchasing power program that allows associates with a year of service to make retail purchases for through convenient payroll deduction
- Employee automotive service discounts
- And more!