To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Manager - ERP
Nesco Resource • Dallas, TX
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The PMO Senior Project Manager provides project management for Agile or Waterfall development projects and manages PMO administrative tasks such as capital reporting, administration of tools, status reporting, project deliverables and timelines.
Ensures accuracy around project administration, financials and project deliverables and timelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and coordinates all aspects, such as meetings, tracking, reporting, UAT, of one or more technology development or implementation projects, or multiple small software development projects from inception to delivery.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal business owners.
- Facilitates initial business requirements gathering and other necessary meetings with Business Analysts, Product Owners and end users.
- Creates standard weekly and monthly project status reports and documentation.
- Resolves project issues, mitigates risks, and manages scope change requests for all development sprints (if Agile is being used).
- Manages and reports on budgets and progress.
- Drives project deliverables and decisions to completion.
- Coordinates rollout activities and leads user acceptance testing.
- Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions. Removes barriers.
- Shields the team from external interferences.
- Ensures that the process is followed, including issuing invitations to daily scrums, sprint reviews, and sprint planning (if Agile is being used). Facilitates the daily scrums (if Agile is being used).
- Raises awareness of dependencies and blocks that are impediments to the sprint (if Agile is being used).
- Issues need to be prioritized and tracked.
- Remediation plan created and implemented for impediments in priority order.
- Mentors peer project managers on best practices.
- Responsible for PMO control procedures as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
- Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation.
- Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Becomes knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction.
- Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility.
- Participates in the internal controls self-assessment process.
- Ensures concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.
- Possesses a full and complete understanding of the internal control requirements within their area of ownership/responsibility.
- Responsible and accountable for internal control implementation and performance within their area of ownership/responsibility.
- Ensures proper internal control change management protocol is followed.
- Establishes accountability for internal control performance with subordinates.
- Promotes the importance, residual benefits and high priority nature of effective internal control performance with subordinates.
- Ensures subordinates are adequately trained as to their specific internal control responsibilities.
- Ensures subordinates are adequately cross trained or otherwise have plans to sustain internal control performance during employee turnover/movement.
- Ensures the internal control self-assessment process is implemented and testing results are documented and evaluated.
- Helps manage internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Ensures subordinates' historical internal control performance is monitored and results incorporated into the performance review process.
Minimum Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in technology, MIS, or related field.
- 5-7 years system implementation Project Management experience.
- 5-7 years' experience in full SDLC systems/software development and implementation or comparably complex technical area.
- SCRUM Master Certification is a plus.
- Agile project management experience a plus.
- Advanced project management skills; Strong mediation and negotiation skills. Manages project budgets of up to $2M. Excellent leadership, analysis, facilitation, and client relationship skills. Manages project teams of 1-20 resources in a matrix fashion.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers of all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Google docs.
SPECIAL SKILLS SET:
- Need a solid PM with Oracle knowledge specifically around Supply Chain functionality: Order Management, Shipping/Receiving, Inventory, Purchasing/iProcurement, etc. with working knowledge of Oracle Financials modules: AR, AP, GL, FA.
- The Oracle team is not looking for a PM who is not familiar with Oracle or who we will have to train on the system.
- Knowledge of EDI will be useful as well.