WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Technology Specialist, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Technology Specialist.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker International is seeking a Transportation Technology Specialist to become an integral part of our Emerging Technology team, working on supporting local office, region, and national projects. The successful candidate will be part of the project team and lead tasks for system planning, design, deployment, and support of emerging technologies. These include connected and automated vehicles, smart cities, and advanced intelligent transportation systems for the clients Michael Baker already works with or desires to support in the future. These efforts will support both public and private entities as they prepare for the new mobility landscape of the future.
Depending on skill level, the successful candidate may need to reside in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
- Participate in our emerging technology specialty practice that focuses on national projects and initiatives related to connected and automated vehicles, smart mobility, electric vehicles, next generation intelligent transportation systems and other emerging concepts
- Provide technology and systems engineering, planning, analysis, and design for projects related to connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, smart cities, intelligent transportation systems, and other emerging transportation technologies
- Provide technology systems planning, engineering, and design and development requirements and specifications
- Conduct work sessions for design and contract document development in conjunction with other staff
- Provide clients with sound advice and information on local conditions that may require changes in technology or system improvements based on technology advancements
- Work on various phases of projects such as scoping studies, technical studies, development of systems engineering documents, preparation of specifications, technical plans, data analysis, system implementation, and validation
- Provide technical consulting and subject matter expertise to clients
- Support the development and responses to RFPs
- Identify opportunities to continue technical and professional development and growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering, or similar degree; Master’s Degree is a plus
- 2-4 years of related technical experience
- Experience with intelligent transportation systems and communications technologies
- Experience with Connected and Automated Vehicles, Smart Cities technologies, Intelligent Transportation Systems, or Advanced and Smart Mobility is preferred
- Involvement with support projects with multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of the USDOT Systems Engineering Process
- Proficiency in producing technical reports and content for proposals
- Availability to travel as required
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.