Field Service Represenative
Woodland Hills, CA
Duration: Contract assignment
The Field Service Representative is an externally facing position that develops and maintains deep and long lasting relationships with the employer groups. As the day-to-day representative of BSC to the employer and the owner of the day-to-day service relationship, it is critical that the Field Service Representative provide exceptional service (both consultative and transactional), educate and promote Cross to employers, and effectively sell BSC to the individual members at various events. It is estimated that the Field Service Representative spends about 65-75% of their time in the field, interacting with employer benefit managers and employees. A significant portion of this time is spent working with employers, managing and leading open enrollment events, administration meetings, or health fairs for new or renewed business.
This is the fully proficient, seasoned career level focusing on delivering excellent service (consultative and transactional) to employers. The Field Service Representative educates the employers and members about BSC programs, develops and executes a strategy for the "second sale” to members at open enrollment meetings, and ensures that employers are extremely satisfied with the service they receive from BSC. Typically works independently while still ensuring that the sales team is aware of any relevant activities.
Essential Job duties and responsibilities:
Producer and Employer Support (90%)
• Leads routine client service calls/visits and owns the daily service relationship
• Ensures that employer groups are satisfied with service
• Develops and executes strategy for the "second sale” to individual members at the enrollment meeting
• Proactively promotes Cross programs to employers in order to strengthen relationship and contribute to high retention including but not limited to website training, disease management programs, education about BSC benefits, etc.
• Supports AM in driving in-group growth and up-selling opportunities
• Conducts open enrollment events for new or renewed employer groups and administration meetings for employers regarding the benefits and enrollment process
• Coordinates and attends health fairs
• Follows consistent messaging around Cross brand and enrollment story. Identifies possible brand proof points and reports them to the appropriate BSC people.
• Collaborates effectively with all members of the sales team, including sharing information within the team, providing market insight or feedback as appropriate and supporting the team in achieving new sale and renewal goals
• Participates in periodic team and internal meetings
• May be called upon to assist in the training of new/less experienced FSRs
• May be called upon to serve as back up for Service Coordinator role
• May work with sales management or training group to design/create tools to be used across the team
Education, knowledge, skills, competencies, certification/licenses:
Healthcare and Product knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of health care benefit plans and contracts
• Strong understanding of medical management operations
• Strong knowledge of BSC products and services (including Ancillary products)
Internal operations and capabilities
• Advanced knowledge of appropriate tools to ensure the data collected during open enrollment is provided from employees to BSC in an accurate and timely manner
• Knowledge of BSC on-line system capabilities and the flow of related information
• Ability to work with multiple groups to produce consistent and positive results for customers and the company
• Advanced understanding of the BSC sales process from prospecting to ID card generation
• Proven track record of understanding customers and their underlying needs
• Ability to cultivate deep and long lasting relationships, internally and externally
• Advanced understanding of how to create a win-win solution
• Ability to work well in cross functional teams and participate in team selling
• Ability to build trust by disclosing accurate and relevant information through timely and concise communications
• Strong presentation skills are essential to this role
• Meeting management, and project and task management skills are required
• Consistently delivers results with energy, drive, and integrity
• Acts with the utmost professionalism at all times
• Acknowledges problems and responds with appropriate urgency
• Keeps commitments
• Intermediate understanding of concepts, practices and procedures in consultative selling and account management
• Strong communication (verbal and written), analytical and problem solving skills
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years experience in the insurance/employee benefits industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Maintains valid driver's license
• Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, sales force automation/CRM (e.g. salesforce.com), etc.
• Active life license required and continuing education to support the license
Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of relevant sales support or service experience in healthcare or related industry.