At NOV Wellbore Technology we know that our greatest asset is our employees. NOV is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil & gas drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry. In addition to the career opportunities, NOV offers very competitive benefits. We seek dedicated individuals who want to turn their professional ambitions into personal achievements. At NOV, we power the industry that powers the world.
The Electronic Assembler will perform tasks associated with the manufacture and repair of NOV strain gage based load cells, tension links, pressure transducers and downhole tools. Primary focus includes but not limited to bonding, installation and wiring of strain gages used in these devices. Secondary focus includes assembly, testing and calibration of these strain gage based transducers and downhole tools. Day Shift Hours. Primary Function and Responsibilities:
Education and Qualification
- Ability to perform fine Soldering through a stereo microscope for extended periods of time using various tools and adhesives.
- Ability to precisely align and adhere strain gages to horizontal and vertical lines.
- Ability to solder fine insulated copper wire to micro strain gages.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand part specific documents and drawings detailing the placement of strain gages and gage wire routings.
- Perform quality checks including bridge resistance and checking for short and open circuits
- Cross-trains using related duties for use in other production areas as needed.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized working environment using 5S principles
- Promotes and maintains single piece production.
- Supports and implements production improvement initiatives.
- Keeps meticulously exact quality documentation (Work Orders, Travelers, Process Data, Test Results, etc.).
- Responsible for quality control. Adjust as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject and document product outside of specifications or found to be discrepant
- Performs 5S activities on production line work areas
- Operates within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's).
- Comply with all NOV Company, HSE and Quality policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent education (i.e. GED) - required
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills - required
- Ability to remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time soldering utilizing a microscope. - required
- Ability to focus, pay close attention to detail and possess fine motor skills - required
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in single piece flow assembly production lines - required
- 3 to 5 years fine soldering experience - required
- Experienced and Certified with J-STD-001A Soldering, preferred.
- 3 to 5 years strain gage installing experience, preferred.
- Experience with lead-free solder, preferred.
- Relevant soldering and wiring skills as well as demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical principles.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems such as JDE, Oracle or similar in a production environment, preferred
- Firm understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S principles, preferred
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and reach particularly for sustained periods of time
- Able to operate a computer and other office machinery using finger dexterity for typing and writing
- Must be able to communicate, converse with, and exchange information by means of the spoken and written word
- Must be able to lift 25lbs to shoulder height.
- Able to perform light physical effort to lift or move materials up to 40 pounds
- Visual acuity to view a computer screen
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats.
- Standing 75% of the time
- Available to work overtime as required
- Works under immediate supervision
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
- Team Oriented
- Attention To Detail
- Electrical Wirings
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Fine Motor Skills
- Finger Dexterity