To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Berenice Medrano
- Phone: 7133963664
- Phone:: 1 713-568-7201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Accountant
Michael Page • Houston, TX
Posted 2 months ago
The Sr. Project Accountant is responsible for job cost tracking, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers, accounts payable, and billing work in process. Additionally, this position requires effective communication with construction and development managers on project status.
Our client is a premier paving contractor specializing in providing quality roller-compacted concrete paving solutions for both public sector and private industry clients. Our crews and equipment stand ready to travel to any location in the U.S.
- Serve as liaison between Accounting and Project Management and ensures invoicing integrity
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing company policies and procedures
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors as required
- Prepares budgets by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans to management as needed
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence requirements, advising management on needed actions
- Develops and monitors business performance metrics as needed
- Provides management with information vital to the financial decision-making process
- Obtains and tracks all lien waivers for subcontractors and sub-tier vendors
- Reviews subcontractor insurance certificates, and maintains systems and files
- Processes and assists AIA billings and accounting data entry
- Effectively communicates with vendors, subcontractors, and project managers
- Negotiates pricing agreements
- Reviews all vendor invoices for comparison to assigned POs, quantities, pricing, etc.
- Resolves pricing and shipping conflicts
- Demonstrates knowledge of sales and use tax laws
- Issuances and manages electric purchase orders
- Monitors supplier performance, project budgets, and monthly job cost projections
- Assists with Accounts Payable functions as needed
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry
- Experience with Viewpoint preferred
- Proficient Excel knowledge strongly preferred
Great benefits and the opportunity to work alongside key players in construction industry.