What Credit contributes to Cardinal Health
Credit is responsible for managing Cardinal Health's trade and note receivables including performing credit underwriting, establishing bad debt reserves, managing customer relationships, collaborating with the sales and collections teams, managing credit risk for the company, and administering credit policies and standards.
- Possesses and exhibits strong business acumen of credit underwriting.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, able to diplomatically resolve conflict, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of credit and/or collection practices which can include debt repayment, dispute resolution, risk mitigation, minimize bad debt, etc..
- Demonstrates ability to learn and effectively navigate a variety of financial systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of financial concepts which includes establishing appropriate bad debt reserves.
- Gathers and synthesizes information from a variety of sources (i.e. financial statements, reports), structures, documents and makes effective credit decisions.
- Organizes workload effectively, proactively works with customers to ensure commitments are met, and raises issues and recommendations to management.
- Credit risk management of an assigned trade and notes receivable portfolio
- Evaluate and recommend bad debt reserve requirements for an assigned portfolio
- Credit decision-making within the scope of authority for both new and existing customer relationships
- Operate with an enterprise view of a customer’s aggregate relationship
- Reduce risk of loss on high-risk accounts, including working with inside and outside counsel
- Adherence to credit policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to manage the accounts receivable portfolio including strong collaboration with the collection department
- Recommend possible enhancements to current credit policies, practices and procedures
- Review and approve customer credit and financing requests based on sound credit fundamentals
- Adherence to documentation requirements of the credit approval and conditions
- Stay informed of changing trends in healthcare and the potential impact on the financial health of Cardinal Health’s customer base
- Assist sales personnel with customer relationship management
- Correspond with the sales team to efficiently approve or deny new credit requests.
- Educate the sales team on credit approval standards.
- Assist with goal setting and meeting targets set by the department.
- Bachelors degree in business related field
- 10+ years experience in credit field; 3 years minimum as a manager
- Prior supervisory experience
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE) or formal credit training preferred
- Some travel. est. 1%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Directly or indirectly manage and develop professional employees
- Independent decision making within policy
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.