To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
- Melanie pfenninger
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Gear Grinder Machining Technician
System One • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 4 days ago
The Gear Machining Technician (Operator) is responsible for production (disassembly, assembly/repair), quality, EHS, and training. Initially, the main focus will be supporting the wind gear drive business from an aftermarket perspective. Later, the scope will evolve to include new and aftermarket industrial business. The Operations Department plays an integral role in the organization by supporting all facets of the business.
EMPLOYEE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Gear Machining Technician (Operator) will set the standard in supporting the Operations Department by performing training and value added work. Responsibilities include:
- Reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Adherence to safety requirements, such as PPE, chemical safety (MSDS), crane, fork lift, and work station inspections.
- Adherence to internal systems related to Quality, ISO, and Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) to ensure an efficient, competent, and effective operation.
- Working knowledge of AGMA and IEC gear standards
- Comprehension of Imperial and Metric tolerances. Grinding of gears holding tolerances of 0.0001"- 0.0005"
- Comprehension of internal drawings, bills of material, and procedural documentation.
- Sets up and operates one or more gear grinding machines to grind surfaces of splines or gear teeth, following machining instructions applying knowledge of gear grinding techniques.
- Reads blueprint or machining instructions to define fixtures and grinding wheel to use, machine settings and gear dimensions tolerances
- Sets up and operates wheel dressing device to dress true abrasive wheel
- Verifies conformance to specifications, using micrometers, gear measuring wires, and involute checker
- May compute data, like gear dimensions machine settings, applying knowledge of shop mathematics
- May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, gear type, or size, type, or trade name of machine.
- Adherence to production schedule and completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Assisting with timing and continuous improvement exercises.
- Maintain and clean equipment, tools (shared and individual) and work stations.
- Strong knowledge of gear grinding process based on various material, hardness and stock removal requirements
- Ability to perform all gear inspection requirements
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints with excellent grasp of GD & T
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
The ideal candidate should have a strong mechanical background with 3 to 5 years gearing related experience. Must have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills (oral and written). Must be willing to assist Shop Supervisor and develop less experienced technicians. Must understand how to read metric drawings and tolerances. Proficiency with Microsoft® Office and other internal programs.
Fluent in Mandarin or Spanish is a plus.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or comparable experience in the industry.