To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Keurig Dr Pepper • Irving, TX
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transportation Supervisor - Irving
The Transportation Supervisor directly supports and reports to the Regional Transportation Manager located in Irving, TX; and is responsible for the management of the Transport (In-House Fleet) and Transportation (For Hire Carriers) budget for the Texas and Oklahoma region. The Transportation Supervisor will administer the direction and control of all personnel, assets, and customers assigned to the Irving Transport Operations and direct the Transportation 3PL (Ryder) responsible for managing the Common Carrier transportation spend and service for the assigned areas. This position will office in the Irving, TX location which is one of the largest facilities in the beverage business
Position Shift and Schedule
This is a full time permanent position working on our 3rd shift. Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends depending on the needs of the business.
- Ensure that the customer is managed in the most effective manner and ensure Transport Operations perform services consistent with consignee needs
- Develop and maintain a winning culture throughout the organization through ACTION behaviors.
- Direct the planning and scheduling of company transport vehicles in Irving while maximizing revenue producing opportunities, supporting production growth, and minimize non-productive down time or excessive overtime.
- Manage the training of drivers while supporting an environment of behavioral changes associated with safety and productivity. Conduct performance discussions and reviews and take appropriate progressive disciplinary action as necessary
- Coordinate and participate in the presentation of training programs on the safe operation of Company Transport vehicles.
- Ensure the facility and employees comply with Company safety rules, OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Review raw material delivery schedules versus production needs tracking inbound loads to ensure availability.
- Communicate hourly with production, transportation, warehouse, building maintenance and quality management to ascertain support needed.
- Generate and complete all reports in a timely manner to include time cards, damage reports for recoup product, accident reports, corrective actions, other personnel reports, and delivery efficiencies.
- Manage the Transport operating budget and be responsible to identify and manage backhaul revenue and control assets in excess of $5 million.
- Responsible for influencing the Common Carrier Transportation budget which consists of carrier spend of no less than $7 million and be responsible for the service for customers receiving product from Irving. You will also manage a territory that consists of no less than 5,000 shipments with a primary service territory of Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, and New Mexico.
- Collaborate and identify inbound opportunities with Plant Supply Chain Team.
- In conjunction with Fleet, ensure maintenance/fuel costs are below market costs; develop the baseline for the transportation costs of common carriers while developing and implementing strategies to improve upon financial performance.
- Develop a financial cost model which accurately tracks the cost to operate the fleet. Optimize the network and align capacity against the most cost effective lanes.
- Develop a balanced scorecard for the Transport Operations performance. Metrics to include: Revenue per Truck vs. Cost per truck, Empty miles vs. Productive miles, Asset utilization, driver efficiency, Backhaul efficiency/Yield.
- 2 years' warehouse or transportation supervisory experience in a manufacturing / plant setting
- 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50lbs repeatedly
Company Overview & EEO Statement
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.