We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now! Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings and set ambitious goals in everything we do. If you are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will love what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Shop our inventory of 20,000+ vehicles that we recondition and certify
- Search and filter results based on vehicle attributes and affordability
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360° rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes through Carvana or their own bank
- Easily customize their financing terms through friendly, self-service UI
- Get a real, no haggle offer for trade in or sale in 2 minutes
- Complete the purchase and trade-in process online with friendly, no-pressure support
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Associate Director, Product, Sell to Carvana
About the team and position
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Product to lead our Sell to Carvana team in shaping the digital experiences our customers and Carvana teammates use everyday. We’re on a mission to deliver the best car selling experience.
For most consumers, selling a car is complicated, time-consuming, uncertain, and frustrating. We have created a simple, fast, and fair process that combines user-friendly digital experiences and no-pressure customer support. It’s an experience customers love.
We work closely with product, design, engineering, analytics, and operations to solve problems that create impact. Our teams are passionate about customer experience and motivated to move fast in changing a huge and complex industry.
We iterate quickly and are growing fast at scale-you will see your work have significant, immediate impact for customers and operations teammates.
Role and Responsibilities
The core of the role will focus on leading a team of product managers and their product teams in effective discovery and efficient delivery for consumer products, internal tools, and partner experiences for the Sell to Carvana business. You will lead the partnership with senior leaders and the product team in establishing strategies and priorities. You will guide the team in collaboration, alignment, gathering resources, breaking down efforts, and executing to ensure impact is realized. You will develop and maintain an understanding of Carvana strategy as well as the competitor and partner landscape to aid in guiding team decision-making.
You will manage, coach, and build the team of product managers to ensure Sell to Carvana is able to meet its customer experience, product strategy, and business goals.
You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level customer and business problems, developing a viable strategy to create impact, and quickly developing solutions. You love being involved with every step of the process, from user research to solution design and iteration.
- Evangelize our mission and objectives with both internal and external partners
- Guide teams in executing qualitative and quantitative research to identify and deeply understand possible opportunities
- Organize, facilitate and lead the team in establishing product strategy down to the team level that is aligned with Carvana and Sell to Carvana strategy
- Lead the team in working out highly efficient and effective means to build for learning, validation, and maximum impact
- Be capable of fluidly conversing with engineers, designers, and business leaders to ensure team efforts are valuable, viable, feasible, and usable
- Build strong relationships with leaders from different backgrounds and disciplines across Carvana
- Communicate clearly in writing, informal huddles, and formal presentations
- Work with key stakeholders to estimate user impact, financial metrics, level of effort, and risks to guide critical prioritization decisions
- Creatively explore ways to speed up time-to-value, reduce risk, and increase pace of learning through prototyping, pilot testing and other forms of validation
- Track, analyze, interpret, and share results of product team initiatives to track progress against KPIs
- Engage team members individually and in small group settings in a way that builds trust, influence, and leaves people feeling good about working with you
- Bring a flexible, entrepreneurial, “whatever it takes” attitude to creating impact
- Live the Carvana values
Skills and Experience
- Deep experience in software product management at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- An eye for great design, excellent product sense, and the ability to lead teams to create superior user experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a particular talent for creating shared understanding of problems and excitement around a vision for the future
- Determination to do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
- Experience working and integrating with marketing and partnership teams to drive customer acquisition and business growth
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research to identify and deeply understand customer needs and business problems
- Experience with various types of data analysis and ideally expertise with SQL
- Experience with various approaches to experimentation, including split-test design and interpretation
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Open to feedback from all parts of the company
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Consumer Product
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service