Every day, we deliver innovative solutions at the forefront of fintech that help businesses better serve their customers, expand their business, protect themselves from fraud, and reimagine commerce. Formed in 2009 by powerhouse brands Bank of America and First Data, we’ve grown to process more than 16 billion transactions at approximately 529,000 merchant locations in 2017 alone. We’re a leader with deep expertise and momentum.
Bank of America Merchant Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
The Business Consultant-Small Business Clients is an outside sales representative that is responsible for developing new merchant processing relationships with small to medium sized businesses. This role acquires new merchant services relationships through referrals from Bank of America banking centers as well as prospecting external sources such as association relationships, centers of influence and vendor relationships among others. This position is responsible for developing a strong pipeline for new revenue growth as well as developing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts and bank partners to identify/solicit new revenue growth opportunities.
- Develop a strong pipeline for new revenue growth.
- Identify and solicit new revenue growth opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing accounts and banking centers/key bank partners.
- Successfully schedule and manage appointments with clients.
- Attain monthly sales quota.
- Self source outside referrals and leads.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience selling Merchant, Bankcard or Financial Services.
- Outstanding sales, business development and negotiation skills.
- Strong hunter in customer-centered sales with a desire to exceed expectations and quotas.
- Ability to develop new business through prospecting.
- Previous client base in similar field or face to face outside sales environment.
- Ability to multitask and change direction in ever changing payment processing environment.
- Strong communications, including oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a performance driven environment.
- Multi-lingual ability.
- High School Diploma.
- 2+ years of sales experience (or Bachelor’s degree in lieu of experience).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn various sales applications such as AMA, Salesforce.com, and 1Star.
- Works in varied environments involving sitting and standing. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile. Ability to utilize a tablet and telephone prolonged periods of time. Ability to visit and move around at client sites including the ability to maneuver in a variety of places. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
- Travel is required to perform essential functions of the role.
- Responsible for supporting regulatory requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other Anti-Money Laundering laws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.
Bank of America Merchant Services ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
The employer will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the employer’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Bank, Banking, Finance
New Product Development