You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
IT Product Manager - Lead
Global Wealth Technology Leader - Technical Product Manager
Background to the Role
Mercer is a global consulting leader helping clients around the world advance the health, wealth and careers of their most vital asset — their people. At Mercer Investments we offer customized guidance at each stage of the investment decision and risk management process.
The Wealth business segment is one of the fastest growing global segments at Mercer. The Global Investment management business at Mercer was established in 2006 and currently manages assets in excess of $300 bn. You will be on the front line working with the business leaders to identify, design, develop and implement innovative technology solutions that will drive business growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a large and diverse technology team. You will be expected to make a direct contribution by implementing an strategic data and technology-operating model supporting the growth and increasing scale of the business. The Technical Product Manager is the cornerstone of Marsh & McLennan, let’s make a difference together.
This position is for a seasoned Technology Product Manager (TPM) to lead the OCIO technology delivery in North America. The TPM must have experience in the investments industry and work with minimal supervision, develop product solutions to support the business, ensure a stable, reliable and efficient production environment, create tools to support additional business efficiencies in data quality, production and resources, and reduce total cost of ownership of our technology applications.
What can you expect?
- Partner with business leaders, product owners and domain architects to create and execute a multi-year vision for their portfolio of applications. This vision includes a point-of-view on the future role of technology for that business or functional area (new technology requirements), application disposition, build versus buy, sequence in which new functionality will be developed (macro level), modernization approach, application retirement and portfolio ROI planning.
- Manage the portfolio budget and drive responsible development which is defined as on-time and on-budget development of new capabilities aligned to enterprise standards as well as appropriate ongoing management of those applications in partnership with MMC shared service leaders. The TPM will balance capital projects and run the business spend across the portfolio including planning around the application lifecycle.
- The TPM will also be responsible for considering the impact of a pricing versus cost structure and the related impact to technology roadmaps. The TPM proactively identifies new technologies available in the marketplace to address specific business needs within their area of ownership so that technology can better serve as a strategic partner to the business.
- The TPM also provides a single point of accountability for customizations or variations needed by geography, business line, or department with the goal of avoiding custom solutions that create excess complexity and increase MMC’s cost burden.
- The TPM will partner with business Product Owners in order to ensure product backlogs priorities information security requirements and technical debt reduction.
- The TPM will also work closely with shared service leaders with respect to incident escalation/communication and with Product Owners to priorities related remediation development work.
We will count on you to:
- To be successful in this role the TPM will have as many of the following as possible
- Proven experience in managing the technology strategy of one or more products
- Have a thorough and broad understanding of technology and how it can be used to solve business problems
- Have a solid understanding of the business area to which their product portfolio relates including external market trends
- Have experience of working in a senior leadership position and in partnering with senior business leaders in order to define strategies and product roadmaps
- Have experience in technology strategy and roadmap planning together with related budgeting.
- Have excellent stakeholder management and business engagement skills.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to present effectively to senior business leaders.
- Have a solid understanding of security, privacy and regulatory requirements.
- Have a solid understanding of Agile, waterfall and hybrid methodologies
What you need to have:
- A technology or business graduate with at least 10 + years’ relevant experience in the Investment Industry.
- Broad IT skills and experience in delivery of technology projects
- Significant experience and knowledge of Portfolio Management and Enterprise Data Management Systems.
- Knowledge of 3rd party reporting and business intelligence tools e.g. Qlik Sense or equivalent would be advantageous.
- Broad knowledge of technology solutions in the marketplace
- Assist data integrations across the company’s suite of in-house and 3rd party applications
- Demonstrated understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support an investment business
- Focus on governance, risk and controls
- Professional and proactive approach to work
- Strong written, communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external parties at all levels. Good analytical and consultative interviewing skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team and across multiple verticals within the Technology organization
- Willingness to build on existing experience and engage in priority activities outside their immediate role when necessary
What is in it for you?
- Performance – Based Career Growth - Global career opportunities
- Culture – Work in a culture with strong values
- Benefits – competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
- Continuous learning opportunities
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Product Manager - Lead Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
- Agile Methodology
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Business Intelligence
- Business Requirements
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: gad8olg
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.