Requisition ID: 12277
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- The Tech Service Engineer (TSE) is responsible for establishing a solid relationship with the customer. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: resolving customer complaints, processing claims, coordinating trial activities, interpreting customer requirements, participating in cost savings activities, communicating market and customer-intel, facilitating other AM technical resources working at customer plants, making disposition on AM material held at outside processors & warehouses.
- Working with customers for problem solving and problem resolution
- Being the face of ArcelorMittal for quality and technical issues in the customer’s facility
- Partnering with the customer and educating the customer about ArcelorMittal products and capabilities.
- Provide guidance to customer on which products to use
- Working as a liaison between the producing mill and the customer.
- Following trials at customer facilities and communication back to mills about performance
- Evaluation of technical merit for customer issues and following up with claim reports when appropriate
- Work with Sales, Research, Customer Service and other departments within ArcelorMittal to provide service and technical assistance
- Work with producing mills to develop and evaluate corrective actions as required and monitor inventories as required.
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Metallurgy, Engineering or combination of secondary education and equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with flat rolled steel products
- Understanding of flat rolled steel operations
- Understanding of coated products including construction market.
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
- Able to travel to customer locations – frequent travel required.
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.
Product Quality Assurance