Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest IT Staffing Firm is looking for a Data Acquisition Project Manager to join one of our Fortune 200 healthcare clients in Plantation, FL.
If you have 5+ years experience as a Project Manager and have worked in the healthcare industry, please apply ASAP! I'm interested in speaking to you.
*USC or GCH only at this time please.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, and financials. Adheres to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Project Manager runs the project on a day-to-day basis, verifies that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in computer science or a related field
- PMP certification is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in IT project management, requirements definition and/or deployment of business requirements to information systems.
- Prior experience in leading project management initiatives in healthcare
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the following systems: SharePoint 365, Microsoft Project, Visio and ServiceNow (or similar project management tool).
- Collaborative, customer-focused and able to create relationships and secure business partner and stakeholder confidence
- Experience with intra-department projects as well as projects with sponsors external to IT is required (specifically project management of initiatives related to healthcare data integration).
- Understands the methods and techniques of information technology, including systems analysis and design, telecommunications, computer operations and programming
- Knowledge of cost and budgetary controls procedures.
- Ability to analyze operations and organize their parts into a logical system.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Systems Development Life Cycle