Performs a variety of administrative support functions, including receptionist, clerical support, data entry, word processing, and uniform maintenance.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Provides telephone reception; interacts in a positive manner with staff, customers and the public.
- Takes telephone messages; relays messages as appropriate.
- Greets visitors to the office; provides information and verifies purpose of visits; notifies employees
of visitors who have arrived for appointments or other reasons.
- Signs for special deliveries.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail; files documents appropriately.
- Prepares accurate letters, memos and reports in a timely manner.
- Assists with payroll, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable processing.
- Schedules meetings and conferences and assists with travel reservations.
- Gathers marketing data and other information; enters information into databases and produces
- Performs a variety of administrative support functions as assigned, including word processing, data
entry, completion of forms, filing, and maintaining equipment and uniform inventory.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Understanding of standard office procedures and practices.
- Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts including computation of rates, ratios, percentages,
averages and simple reconciliation.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
- Ability to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Good organizational skills.
- Courteous and professional telephone manner.
- Strong customer and results orientation.
Securitas USA is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.