WHAT IS THE TAX EXEMPT GOVERNMENT ENTITIESDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Financial Management Analyst 12 month Register
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Tax Exempt and Government Entities HQ, Shared Services, Human & Capital Resources, Finance
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Formulates, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and reconciles the assigned operation support budget for the Agency, as well as the budget for other programs within the organization, e.g., allocates support resources to the operating offices, develops controls for the financial accounting of these resources, and conducts cost and spending studies.
* Develops and prepares agency directives, Service-wide policy statements and guidelines pertaining to budget related programs and financial management for the assigned office that has service-wide impact. Advises and assists the Director on all financial matters affecting the organization. Serves as liaison between the assigned organization Financial Office, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and the Procurement organization.
* As a technical expert on assigned program(s), researches and resolves the most complicated questions, interprets policies, and "trouble-shoots" program problems that arise. Provides authoritative technical assistance, guidance, and advisory services to lower-graded specialists.
* Conducts in-depth evaluative analyses operations and procedures for assigned program(s). Initiates, develops, or recommends modifications to procedures, systems project objectives, and operations in order to correct existing deficiencies and resolve especially complex and difficult problems of program improvements.
* Develops, implements and coordinates reporting and information-gathering procedures and evaluates operations within the assigned program area(s). Provides management with evaluative reports assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, which are administered throughout the assigned organization.
Conditions of Employment
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To qualify for this position, you must meet the qualification requirements outlined below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE GS-14: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet the requirements below. Specialized experience is experience that is related to the work of this position and has provided you with the competencies required for successful job performance. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant is the authoritative program expert with substantial responsibility for performing analytical and evaluative staff work primarily involving financial management and strategic planning. This work includes conducting cost and spending studies; evaluating the progress in achieving strategic objectives; preparing reports for executives; and, using statistical and process improvement methodologies to develop and/or implement performance measures, analyze processes, identify improvement opportunities, and improve customer service.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a Non-Bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift, Start and stop times between 6:00 am and 6:00 pm
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement, 12/31/2023. This announcement will establish an inventory of applicants. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they come available.
Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s): 03/31/2023, 06/30/2023, 09/30/2023, 12/31/2023. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12 month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest quality group who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first. If additional vacancies exist, applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest quality group will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than 03/21/2024..
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service
- Electronic Fund Transfer