Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products.
- Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel’s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
- Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of same.
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, U.S. Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SGS.
- Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Statement of Integrity including adhering to all company safety practices.
- Assist in other branch duties as assigned related to back office support and housekeeping.
- High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
- Must have flexible work schedule to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business commitments. Schedule usually is 6 days on call – 2 days off (on call 24 hours).
- Must be able to travel to multi-locations directly from home / office and travel daily which can lead up to being away from home up to 24 hours at a time.
- All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
- Depending on location, company vehicle will be assigned. If not, must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment; will be provided with vehicle allowance.
- Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to
1. Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain,
heat, cold, etc.,)
2. Must be able to work in confined spaces.
3. Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 25 to 65 feet high.
4. Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
5. Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
6. Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.