Talento Search Group has an opening for a Safety Specialist in Yazoo City, Mississippi. This is a direct-hire position and the salary range is $60,000-70,000 per year, depending on experience, plus bonus. This is a 1st shift position.
The Safety Specialist implements safety programs and procedures that aligns with company's environmental health and safety policy. This position will answer OSHA questions throughout the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform root cause analysis and accident investigations
- Work with safety superintendent on EHS issues
- Work with regulatory inspections and perform audits audits
- Perform trainings
- Document trainings and safety documentations
- Prepare reports for compliance
- Ensure employees are wearing proper personal protective equipment
- Assist federal, local, and state agencies
- Inspect hazardous work
- Perform behavior based safety programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred
- At least 3 years of industrial safety experience
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, wastewater, and Clean Air Act
- CPR and First Aid certifications are preferred
- Experience with accident investigations and safety audits
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
About Talento Search Group:
Talento Search Group is an executive-search firm servicing the manufacturing and logistics companies nationwide. All positions with Talento Search Group are on a direct-hire basis, where the applicant has an opportunity to be hired on directly by the company.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Talento Search Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and recruitment in every location. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Personal Protective Equipment