To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NVP, Broker & Consultant Relations - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The National Vice President (NVP) of Broker & Consultant Relations is a highly visible role responsible for developing and managing relationships with national consultant houses such as Mercer, Willis Towers Watson, Aon, and other regional and boutique firms. The NVP Broker & Consultant Relations is accountable for developing and fostering relationships at the national broker and consultant level, serving as the main point of contact between Optum employer solutions and those national relationships. The primary responsibility of the NVP Broker & Consultant Relations is to develop and execute a coordinated communication plan with the consulting firms and interface with key consultants and thought leaders to position Optum as the leading health services provider. They will work closely with teams of business initiators and account executives to develop local and regional broker and consultant relationships.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President Clinical Solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute on an education plan to drive awareness of Optum services, build pipeline and enhance close ratios for new business that is specific to assigned brokerage and consultant firms
- Develop strategic alliances and distribution partnerships with the benefit broker and consultant communities
- Identify key industry trends and emerging customer requirements and drive this information deep into the business development and product development organization to help the company remain ahead of competition and relevant to customers
- Plan and lead regular meetings with key industry thought leaders and regional consultants
- Coordinate with Director Broker & Consultant Communications to provide visibility into the status and value of each relationship by developing a dashboard highlighting key performance metrics such as: the number and quality of the meetings with key consultancies, number and quality of RFP's and number of sales won/lost with each targeted broker and consultant house, etc.
- Collaboratively interface with sales and account executives across the enterprise to engage with local brokers and consultants
- Continuously engage with internal functional areas such as product, operations, finance, marketing, and various UnitedHealth Group business units to develop and maintain deep knowledge of Optum products and capabilities and coordinated message and approach to interface with the broker and consultant community
- Partner with brokers and consultants to identify emerging opportunities, influence RFP design, and drive qualified leads to business development team
- Partner with business development and marketing and to establish and deliver key messages to the broker and consultant community
- Represent Optum at key broker and consultant industry events showcasing Optum's value (e.g., Employee Benefits Leadership Forum)
- Work with Director Broker & Consultant Communications to maintain a database of brokers and consultants, track outreach activity and track specialized and targeted communications campaigns, in coordination with Optum Growth Operations
- Effectively represent Our United Culture to demonstrate Optum's values to the broker and consultant communities
- Demonstrate a collaborative workstyle
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in health and productivity / benefits consulting industry or leadership experience with health or disease management service providers
- 5+ years' experience working with senior - level c - suite executives and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for business development, client relationship management and / or consultation
- Experience developing complex health and productivity solutions for employers
- Expertise in disease management, health and wellness, centers of excellence solutions and competitive landscape
- Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to build credibility to gain the respect and confidence of key brokers and consultants
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, fast - paced and continuously evolving matrix environment
- Deep understanding of organizational dynamics inside broker and consulting houses
- Strong people skills with direct experience in successfully forging and managing strategic relationships
- Intellectual capacity for mastering the technical aspects of product capabilities offered to customers
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills
- Self-starter and able to navigate a complex, matrixed organization
- Up to 50% travel
- Advanced degree
- Experience in an employer market facing sales consultant role
- A "known" voice in the health management industry with an established base of relationships with employers and consultants
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.