Relocation to Oklahoma City, OK
Medical Dosimetrist, Full Time, Days, Radiation Therapy at ISMC
**This is not a remote opportunity must be willing to relocate to OKC, relocation assistance will be provided**
Varian Eclipse planning working experience preferred
Job Code: 5018
The Medical Dosimetrist measures and generates radiation distributions and calculations under the direction of the Medical Physicist and Radiation Oncologist. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Medical Dosimetrist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops treatment techniques by means of computer and/or manual computation to deliver prescribed external bean or brachytherapy radiation doses, as specified by the Radiation Oncologist, and verifies for accuracy
• Works with physician in virtual simulation, brachytherapy procedures, and patient specific radiation dose measurements; documents all required elements of procedures
• Assists Medical Physicist in calibration of equipment and radioactive sources
The Medical Dosimetrist reports to the Lead Medical Physicist.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Daily exposure to hazardous chemicals and metal alloy used in patient shielding block fabrication. Occasional exposure to ionizing radiation from radioactive sources and radiation producing machines. Some probability of injury to fingers in operating equipment such as, block cutters, saw and drill press. Potential exposures to infectious and communicable disease blood and body fluids, electrical equipment and chemicals. Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must follow universal precautions. Exposed to constant interruptions and noise. Hazards can be minimal if proper safety precautions are utilized.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Bachelors degree preferred
• Certification by the Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB) or board eligible
• ARRT Certification preferred
• 4 years previous experience as a Radiation Therapist preferred
• 3 years experience as a Dosimetrist preferred
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
Diseases And Disorders