WHAT IS THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION (CI)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources Specialist -- HR Business Partner (HR Generalist)
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Criminal Investigation Strategy, Human Resources
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
The incumbent is responsible for serving as a strategic business partner to support BOD leadership in all Human Resource related issues. The incumbent is also responsible for implementation and interpretation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
* Ensures the execution of key BOD HR initiatives and processes to drive continuous improvement in the areas of organization effectiveness, staffing, employee relations, training and development, benefits, employment practices, and compliance.
* Provides authoritative information and/or advice to human resource support staff, program managers, operating officials, and applicants on legal or regulatory requirements relating to various HR functions.
* Works directly with the IRS Human Capital Office on complex issues in the assigned areas of discipline and maintains a regular working relationship with HCO Corporate policy on policy development and proposals surrounding the assigned areas of discipline. Focuses on issues that affect the assigned BOD, relative to the incumbent's areas of expertise.
* Ensures that all human resource actions are processed in accordance with Title 5, United States Code; 5 CFR; OPM; and agency rules, regulations, and guidelines. The incumbent is accountable for the accuracy of the human resource action. The incumbent is responsible for Business Division compliance to IRS-Service-wide guidelines.
For positions being filled in the Employee Relations & Medical Section these are some additional duties of those positions:
* Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to CI managers and staff on CI HR Personnel Administration related activities (e.g. 1811 Medical issues, conduct, unacceptable performance, agency grievances, performance management, telework, awards (monetary and non-monetary), outside employment, SETR, contracting officer representative for HR procurement contracts). The CI HR Personnel Administration employee has responsibility for independently analyzing, planning, designing, and carrying out projects related to HR assigned programs as well as advising CI managers.
Conditions of Employment
* To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, the Federal Government will take no action to implement/enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
* Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Human Resources Specialist -- HR Business Partner (HR Generalist)
to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
* Drug test with negative results is required.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-13 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
* Experience assisting customers, management and/or Executives on a wide range principles, practices, and advisory services, part of a Human Resources (HR) specialization such as, but not limited to, HR Systems, Compensation, Classification, Recruitment, Employee Benefits, Organizational Development, Performance Management and Employee Labor Relations.
* Experience conducting extensive research and fact-finding for a variety of recruitment and staffing analytical studies and projects, using the data results to make recommendations and support actions to management and executives.
* Experience serving as a program/project leader providing advice on personnel management issues and special projects.
* Experience demonstrating communicative techniques in order to meet and deal tactfully and persuasively with others to resolve issues which are often controversial and sensitive in nature.
* Experience implementing recommended changes and evaluating the results. Developing and presenting technical information, guidance, and training to employees on a variety of Recruitment and Placement topics.
* Experience utilizing HR information systems (e.g., HR Connect, USA Staffing, Career Connector) to resolve errors, verify data, and quality review.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: day shift, start and stop times between 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Relocation expenses - none.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- Business Process Improvement