To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carleton, MI 48117
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - Carleton, MI
Guardian Industries • Carleton, MI
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Who is Guardian Industries?
Based in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a diversified, global company with a vision to create value for customers and society through constant innovation using fewer resources. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 17,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Guardian Glass is a leading international manufacturer of float, value-added coated, and fabricated glass products and solutions for architectural, residential, interior, transportation and technical glass applications. SRG Global is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of advanced, high value coatings on plastics for the automotive and commercial truck industries, providing solutions for greater surface durability, structural integrity, functionality, vehicle efficiency and design flexibility. Guardian Building Products is a leading U.S. based distributor of specialty building products. For more information, visit www.guardian.com.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for results-oriented individuals with a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting for Production Supervisors.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
The position will be responsible for the following:
1). Providing leadership and direction for the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility
2). Lead, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives
3). Develop crew members for improving individual and organization performance
4). Lead performance management and corrective action processes for assigned crew
5). Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing techniques
6). Maintain our plant’s union-free status through the use of positive employee relations and development
7). Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Scheduling, Warehouse, Shipping, etc.), to optimize production requirements
8). Work with upstream and downstream processes (and people), to exceed customer expectations
The background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
- MUST HAVE a 4 year Bachelor Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience working in a fast pace, 24/7/365 manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet organization goals
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations in order to maintain a union-free environment
- Willingness and ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with other departments and managers to work as a team
- Knowledgeable at maintaining accurate employee documentation and files
- Proficiency using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What You Will Need?
Why work for Guardian?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Competitive compensation and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescription coverage, STD and optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401 (k) with a $1 for $1 match up to 7%.
For more information about Guardian Industries Corp., visit us at www.guardian.com.
Guardian Industries Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.