Executive Asst- Collegeville, Pennsylvania - Monday-Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you
can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the coordination of activities and ensuring timely flow of information. She/he handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. She/he will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and the ability to organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, organized, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast pace environment and possess excellent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by Senior Management Team.
Manage external contacts for SVP, proactively understanding who they are, which are priority contacts and keeping track of periodic communication needed for priority contacts.
Ability to anticipate the SVP’s needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing issues.
Manage the daily schedule of SVP, ensuring that he knows his schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary
Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
Manage travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, marketing materials, and other necessary preparations.
Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
Ensure that various administrative tasks are done in an effective and efficient manner, including copying, reviewing outside mail, drafting correspondence, screening phone calls when requested, and maintaining executive files as needed.
Anticipate the needs of the SVP and act accordingly.
Process and maintain expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years or equivalent work-related experience supporting C-level Executives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word, /Excel/PowerPoint, databases).
- Extensive experience in administrative preparation of board presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Professional demeanor and ability to defuse emotional situations in a calm manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment.
- Proven ability to work independently to achieve accomplishments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Mature, energetic with a ‘let’s roll up our sleeves’ attitude
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal team, cross-functional team, and external parties in a rapidly growing environment
- Ability to provide after hour and flexible support a must.