Tax Staff - PublicCompensation:
$65000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Tax Accountant or a Tax Manager/Supervisor based out of Omaha, NE. The role will be able to work remotely throughout the week up to 4 days out of the week with the option to go into the office either 1 day a week or up to 5 days a week based on preference. The position is dependent on experience, but between a Senior and a Manager level, this role would be highly involved within the Supervisory functions for the team. The hours during busy season average around 50-55 hours tops, and outside of busy season the role will only have to work 32-36 hours a week until the end of September. This is a full-time position located in Omaha, NE.
• Preparing complex tax returns for both businesses and individuals
• Develop, motivate, and train staff level and intern team members
• Detailed review and analysis of tax returns
• Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, concerns, etc.
• Performing, documenting, and summarizing research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues
• Remain up to date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related business field of study required
• 2-5+ years of Public Accounting and/or Tax experience with both individual and business returns required
• CPA license highly preferred but not required.
• Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
• Experience preparing return with a working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
• Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
• Experience with general ledger, tax and trial balance software, QuickBooks experience preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Tax Accountant/Supervisor
for more information.
- Trial Balance
- Tax Preparation
- General Ledger
- Tax Return