Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
Job Purpose and Scope : Provide technical and project support for the implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring of process controls systems for the North American Industrial Gases (NAIG) Hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide business.
Reporting Relationships : This position reports to the HyCO Process Controls Engineering Manager.
Principal Responsibilities :
- Support process control and monitoring systems nationally for hydrogen and carbon monoxide facilities in Praxair NAIG, consisting mainly of Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) processes.
- Lead and execute moderately complex engineering projects with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with Global Hydrogen Engineering to ensure projects are meeting standards in accordance with Praxair policies and procedures
- Actively involved in the planning of CSU activities for HYCO plants nationally to prevent obsolescence
- Perform project engineering and maintenance work from design to implementation and ensure adherence to Praxair Guidelines and Standards.
- Participate as a key contributor on projects and serve as a technical lead as well as providing technical guidance to others as required.
- Work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision based on full awareness of viability, cost and other benefits.
- Develops and implements innovative process controls solutions to chronic issues.
- Provide primary control system hardware/software support, instrumentation, and process engineering/optimization to a variety of field personnel including operations technicians, instrument technicians, process engineering and various members of the operations management teams.
- Provide support in the areas of training, troubleshooting, environmental compliance, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and preventative /corrective maintenance, focusing on all areas of advanced process control systems.
- Ensure control system changes are implemented in accordance with Praxair Management of Change Protocols.
- Actively involved in the planning, identification, and development of long-range capital programs, especially in the area of control system upgrades
- Demonstrate significant technical independence, excellent project management skills and leadership in development of control systems applications and safety standards.
- Play an active role and lead aspects of projects involving Control Systems
- Ensure equipment for new projects meet Praxair Standards and Specifications
- Represent US HyCO Business in rollout and implementation of Cyber Security
- Write, Update, and Execute Functional Test Procedures
- Provide off hours support to resolve control system problems
- Serve as a subject matter expert in SRS, SIL ratings, and ISA84 requirements
- Travel nationally to other US locations as required for support (up to 25 – 35%)
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 10 years or more experience in Control Systems or Computer Related Field
- Minimum of five (5) years of chemical industry experience.
- Advanced understanding of continuous chemical processes.
- Working knowledge of primary instrumentation.
- Proficiency with schematic wiring diagrams
- Proficiency with process control content of P&I diagrams.
- Experience with managing Control System Upgrades
Preferred Qualifications :
- Practical applications experience with Foxboro, Emerson Delta V, Allen-Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, Bailey INFI190 control systems.
- Proficient working knowledge in steam methane reforming
- Project Management experience
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience.
Critical Competencies :
- STRATEGIC SKILLS
- OPERATING SKILLS
- ENERGY & DRIVE
- ORGANIZATIONAL UNDERSTANDING
- PERSONAL & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.