To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Findlay, OH 45840
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Respiratory Care Professional - 36 hrs/wk, 3rd Shift
Blanchard Valley Hospital • Findlay, OH
Posted 2 months ago
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Perform therapeutic, diagnostic and monitoring procedures in the clinical respiratory care setting. Participates in patient and family teaching.
Duty 1: RCP administers medications and performs other respiratory procedures such as ABG's, EKG's, bedside spirometry, pulse oximetry, heart apnea monitoring, incentive spirometry, suction, postural drainage and percussion, Home Oxygen and Home Aerosol setups. Following department policy and procedure to provide quality care to patients.
Duty 2: RCP institutes and assists with emergency measures such as Code Blue. ACLS, BLS, NALS to be maintained. Proficiency in infant, pediatric and adult ventilatory support including CPAP and BiPAP to provide qualified emergency care to patients.
Duty 3: RCP will assess and document patient respiratory status which includes reviewing all orders written by physicians, reporting any problems to other members of the health care team and follow with proper documentation and goal setting to provide timely and accurate reporting.
Duty 4: RCP will ensure that the use of all equipment and supplies is maintained to provide the economical and safe use thereof.
Duty 5: RCP provides education to staff, patients and family members to have clear communication between Pulmonary Services and other BVHA associates and customers
Duty 6: RCP participates in the departmental process of: improvement projects, revising policies / procedures and equipment needs, then assists in implementing the change for the efficient delivery of care.
Duty 7: Technician-in-charge (TIC) coordinates shift assignments. Oversees testing and staff issues each shift. Evaluates and arranges staffing due to increased or decreased workloads or staff absences for the shift and following shifts to provide for the efficient delivery of care for patients and staff.
Duty 8: Cross Training may include one or more areas: Pulmonary Function technicians will perform pulmonary diagnostic testing withing current competency guidelines from ATS and departmental policy and procedures to ensure standardized and efficient testing to patients. EEG technicians perform testing within departmental competency, policy and procedures to ensure standardized and efficient testing to patients. Bronchoscopy technicians assist physicians with the procedure within departmental competency, policy and procedures to ensure standardized and efficient procedure for the patient.
- Graduate of an approved school for respiratory care
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Professional by the State of Ohio
- Successfully completes ACLS, BCLS and NRP within 3 months of hire
- Some positions may require proficiency in EEG and Pulmonary Testing.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age- specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist of Certified Respiratory Therapist Credential issued by the NBRC, preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires excellent eye-hand coordination, grasping, pushing, pulling and fine finger manipulation. The individual must be able to reach work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision, hearing in the normal range and excellent verbal communication skills.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)