Our client is looking to fill a Patient Service Representative role in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. The Patient Service Representative position includes taking phone calls, verifying patients insurance, and assisting in prior authorizations. Increase customer satisfaction and retention by providing members, customers, patients, and providers with accurate, consistent, timely, and meaningful information.
Patient Service Representative Duties and Functions:
- Be available to handle patient inquiries. Represent the client by answering and documenting all incoming contacts to determine their nature, and respond to complex calls related to specialized product lines or ques.
- Respond with empathy to complaints and concerns from patients concerning health plan benefits, account status, payment history, and medical services.
- Initiate contact with the appropriate health plan, medical group and facility personnel to obtain information relevant to the concern or inquiry as needed.
- Insurance verification. Determine appropriate insured policy, group and billing addresses of primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances.
- Evaluate data to determine and implement the appropriate course of action to resolve the complaint and/or coordinate service recovery.
- Document according to procedure. Assist department in reaching call handling goals, first contact resolution goals, complaint resolution compliance, member retention and making return contact as warranted.
Patient Service Representative Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Knowledge of EOB's and ability to express them to patients
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to effectively interact and negotiate with diverse work units at all organizational levels.
- Strong medical terminology knowledge through coursework or experience is required
- Customer/Patient Service skills
If you are qualified and interested in Patient Services Rep position please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , pre-access , hospital registration
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.
Enter Patient Demographic
Verify Patient Information
Provide Directional Information
Process Patient Payment