To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Service Sector Leader (Environmental PFAS)
GHD • Houston, TX
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
GHD is seeking a Federal Service Sector Leader is a senior member of the business development team tasked with securing a pipeline of work for the group in line with that group’s business plan and effectively delivering work to the satisfaction of our clients. The Federal Service Sector Leader is a senior member of the business development team tasked with securing a pipeline of work for the group in line with that group’s business plan and effectively delivering work to the satisfaction of our clients. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. but expect to travel between 30 and 40% of the month.
The primary role of the Federal Service Sector Leader is to develop and grow GHD’s presence and market share in the Federal environment sector. Specific focus will be with US Federal Agencies and other subsidiary markets relevant to this opportunity.
This will be achieved by:
- Developing a business strategy for US Federal Agencies who are managing containment issues, in North America
- Promoting the shared vision of a strategic Federal client sector plan
- Leading in implementation with the broader GHD team
- Providing leadership in developing and delivering projects, which maximize GHD’s involvement through utilization of multi-disciplinary teams, and enhances our client’s experience in working with GHD
- Providing business development and technical leadership with a strong focus on US Federal Agencies to develop team members
- Contributing to the overall functioning of the North American emerging contaminant practice.
- Develop GHD’s profile with Federal Agencies.
- Identify and prioritize where GHD should focus attention within the Airforce, Navy, Army Corps, etc.
- Develop relationships with options of mentor protégé, small business, women business enterprises, minority business enterprises, disabled veterans’ business enterprises.
- Develop relationships with other industry sectors that will require environmental services, i.e. Airport operators, Emergency services, Ports and Petrochemical industries.
- Build GHD’s profile and develop a sustainable work pipeline in accordance with the business plan
- Develop strong relationships with GHD’s Australian business, particularly the leaders in our field
- Establish strong relationships with GHD’s internal network particularly in the contaminated sites discipline
- Identify and pursue strategic prospects (e.g. through business development and capture planning)
- Identify emerging markets, services and opportunities and develop strategies and positioning to secure work
- Provide high level technical services to clients on environmental projects
- Deliver services to meet client requirements and expectations
- Manage project development activities (networking, marketing, proposals, etc.) strategically and centrally.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Track record, at least 15 years, of working with two or more Federal Agencies
- Experience in working in the environmental field, with contaminated land a preference is required
- Strong understanding of two or more Federal Agencies and their procurement processes
- Developed relationships with mentor protégé and small business enterprises.
- Proven experience in technical leadership and management in chosen field and multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience in the Client Relationship Management (CRM) discipline, with the aim of undertaking the CRM role for the Federal sector in the contaminants area.
This if a lifetime opportunity to join a 100% employee owned organization that is primed for growth. We offer an attractive compensation package with generous PTO and full benefits.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
To apply please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below.