At CORT, we believe that everything is possible through service. Everyone, each individual, has the potential to make things happen; everyone is empowered. We take pride in providing world class service and that details matter. It's the little things that separate good from great. Great things come from an authentic commitment to delivering our very best, every time, everywhere. What makes us unique is our unparalleled customer service to people and businesses.
The Assistant District General Manager (ADGM) for the Chicago Land area in Woodridge, IL works with the District General Manager to plan, direct, and lead the profitable growth of the district operations. Manages and/or coordinates district operating and general administration functions as assigned. Works with the outside sales organization to drive profitable revenue.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies for the overall district including operating plans and budgets.
- Collaborates with the Regional Sales Managers, and operations to coordinate, plan and optimize the sales activities.
- Directs inventory management efforts, controls, warehousing, and delivery operations.
- Represents the Company to local trade show or event contractors, establishes relationships with contractor management and attend various tradeshows.
- Assures OSHA and DOT regulation compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years’ work experience, or 8 years related work experience without degree.
- Ability to perform job-costing Analysis to evaluate the profitability of a project.
- Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, computer proficiency, and management skills.
- Strong P&L experience.
- Ability to build relationships with external and internal customers.
- Experience or familiarity with the tradeshow or events industry is preferred
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event and trade show furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Events is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events and trade shows, to corporate meetings and weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. For more information on CORT Events, visit [ Link removed ]
As part of a national company, CORT Trade Show & Event Furnishings offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.