Depending on your food service experience, you may start at any of the food service worker levels outlined below. DJJ offers a food service career progression plan that provides promotion with a pay raise as described below.
Food Service Worker 1
$24,448/year (promotion to Food Service Worker 2 and pay raise after 6 months in this position with DJJ)
Food Service Worker 2
$25,592/year (promotion to Food Service Worker 3 and pay raise after 12 months in this position with DJJ)
Food Service Worker 3
Under direct supervision learns to prepare, heat and finish cooking food items and serve customers. Learns how to receive and disburse money in a food service establishment. Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES:
* Completes all paperwork accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
* Maintains a high level of kitchen cleanliness and sanitation. Cleans work areas, equipment, utensils, storage areas, and dishes.
* Cooks and prepares food according to established procedures and standardized recipes.
* Follows preparation and serving schedule for all meals and snacks daily.
* Ensures, maintains, and documents appropriate temperature of hot and cold foods prepared and held for service.
* Stores food according to proper temperature guidelines in appropriate areas.
* Prepares food through the proper usage of large equipment, small wares, and utensils.
* Prepares serving line by setting up food and supplies in the correct area and ensures temperatures remain in appropriate range throughout service.
* Provides customer service through serving food in a pleasant, courteous, and attractive manner.
* Follows safe food handling procedures to help ensure the health and safety for customers.
* Follows menus, standardized recipes, portion sizes, and special diet menus.
* Maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of dining area.
* Reports maintenance needs immediately to supervisor.
* Demonstrates cost awareness in the use of property and supplies.
* Operates and maintains equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.
* Ensures quality of items received from vendors and matches deliveries to invoice to ensure correct quantities and items.
* Ensures proper inventory management and orderly storage. Follows first-in-first-out inventory management procedure and monitors weekly, or more often, for expired products in all storage areas.
* Follows tool and chemical control procedures and completes accurate perpetual chemical inventory records.
* Cleans equipment after use and prepares equipment for next use.
* Demonstrates knowledge of sanitation and safety practices, proper cleaning methods, and uses the correct chemicals.
High school diploma or GED
DJJ offers a food service progression plan that provides promotion with additional monies at the 6th month and 18th month of employment.
The position may be filled a higher level
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE CHECK AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR
CONSIDERATION. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE PRESCREENED.
DJJ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
High school diploma or GED.
* Agency Logo:
* Requisition ID: FOO00Y7
* Number of Openings: 1
* Advertised Salary: $24,448.00
* Shift: Day Job
- Customer Service
- Food Safety
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Stock Control